7 - Cold gaze

Some time later

They arrived at the company of He Cheng's father. Qiu stormed in the building followed by his colleague Kai. "Have so seen boss two?", he asked hastily the first person he met in the building who shook their head. "Calm down", Kei tried to allay Qiu's thougths of He Cheng being hurt. "He is our boss. If we are not hurt he is also not hurt." Qiu turned around and looked at Kei with angry eyes. "You think he has some superpowers?", he cursed at him. "Sometimes I do think that, yes." "Well, I know him and he hasn't!" "Mean."

They entered the company's bar where in the nights celebrations were given for all workers of the company. Qiu looked around very fast. He spotted He Cheng sitting on a bar hocker. "Hey, man!", he shouted and walked straight to him and patted him on the shoulder. "Gosh, I thought something happened to you. You're fine, aren't ya?" He tried to meet He Cheng's eyes but they were busy on lighting up a pipe. "Don't touch my shoulder", He Cheng said in his usual smoky voice. "It's hurt. There is a bandage around it." Qiu was concerned. "How did it happen?" "The explosion went faster than I thought. I was too near. And outside there was a woman with children..." "Holy fuck, are they okay???" "Yes, they are."

Qiu scratched his head. He felt uncomfortable because he was it who pushed the button. Maybe Kai told him too soon. He did not know. Should he asked if He Cheng was fine again? No, let it slip.

He Cheng groaned. He looked tried and annoyed. "Hey, you're coming celebrating later right? Stay longer this time, you always go home way too early", Qiu tried to cheer him up. 

"I do not go home. I go to work I have business. My head hurts. I will not come tonight it is not my taste anyway." 

Qiu expected that answer. It was like it always had been. He still managed to smile. "Sure, I already know that this would be your answer. Still, I think some woman would be really happy to see and dance with you and maybe this would do something good for your head too, don't you think?" No reaction. "Okay, I give up. Have a great time working on you secret business. See ya."

And that it was. Qiu left the bar to go and see after his own wounds making sure that they will not get infected. Kai was waiting outside for him. He Cheng still sitting in the bar and thinking,

woman are happy to see you there.