9 - Qiu at He Cheng's part 2

"The beef is cooked", Qiu said after some time spending in the kitchen. He had cut tomatoes and lettuce. 

"Hey, can ya answer me?", he said a bit louder since He Cheng had not answered him but even now there still came no answer. Qiu sighed and went into the living room where He Cheng had rested the whole time he had been preparing the meal. He saw his friend laying on the couch with his eyes closed. Oh, he is maybe sleeping, Qiu thought.

"Are you awake?"

No answer. Qiu still thought he should wake He Cheng up because of his efforts to prepare the meal and because He Cheng had only woken up two hours ago. He touched his shoulder and shook them. "WAKE UP!", he screamed. He Cheng openend his eyes and had a look on his face that could kill.

"Why are you so noisy?"

"Because you are asleep while I am finished with cooking. Come now, sit at the table and eat like a well-behaved boy."

He Cheng sat up and touched his head immediately. "Ouch", he said.

"Yeah, you sure got a headache from sleeping SO much"

"Shut up" But it was probably true.

Qiu set the table and they started eating. It tasted good which was surprising because Qiu almost never cooked. Instant ramen was his favourite dish which he ate almost every day. After they finished eating he asked He Cheng if he was feeling better by now.

"I'm good", He Cheng replied shortly but he seemed exhausted. 

"Let me see your shoulder", Qiu said as he wanted to see how bad the wound was.

"No, you don't have to look at it", He Cheng replied fast.

"But I want to, show me", Qiu said an lifted up He Cheng's shirt before he could stop him. There was a big bandage over He Cheng's chest up to his shoulders. It was wrenched in blood on his left shoulder. "You have to change it. You've been wearing it for too long, it can't soak any blood anymore", Qiu said fast. "Where are the fresh bandages? I will change it for you."

He Cheng sighed. He knew he could not stop Qiu from worrying so he told him that the bandages were in the bathroom under the sink. Qiu got them and started to remove the bandage which He Cheng had been wearing the whole time. This progress was a bit painful and He Cheng had to curse a lot. "Sorry", Qiu mumbled as he threw away the used bandage and started disinfecting He Cheng's opened wound. This hurt even more. "Damn it."

Qiu tried to be very careful as he wrapped the new bandage around He Cheng's body.

"You don't have to be so careful", He Cheng said.

"I know", Qiu replied, but he still wanted to be careful enough to don't cause his friend any more pain than required. "Finished." "Thanks." He Cheng sighed.