≪•◦ Chapter 6 ◦•≫

It was currently your day off which was why the restaurant was closed for the day.

You sat at the one of the empty tables and sighed.

Just then you heard a knock on your door.

"Good morning." Xiao replied in his usual stoic tone as you opened the door for him and ushered him inside.

"Ah! Xiao!" You pulled him and sat him on the table as you sat on the seat across him.

You stared at him dead im the eye. "I need help."

"Hm? With what exactly?" He asked with a bit of concern in his voice.

You took a deep breathe.

"I need you to come with me to buy groceries in Liyue Harbor."

"..."

"..."

"No."

"But Xiao! It's scary going to that big crowded place alone. And what's worse is I have to communicate!" You whined.

"As much as you hate crowded places, I do too." He said with a sigh.

"Come onnn. Just this once! Pleaseeee." You pleaded as you stared at him with puppy dog eyes.

"No."

"Pleasee"

"No.."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

And here you were.

Standing at the gates of Liyie Harbor accompanied by your ever so kind friend Xiao who looked so fucking done with this world as he stared with annoyance at the swarm of people that were facing him.

"Remind me why I agreed to this again?" Xiao asked sternly with obvious annoyance dripping in his voice.

"Because you care about me ofcourse." You said with a little smirk as you went on and headed slowly to the first stall you needed to go to.

Xiao satred at your figure with an unreadable expression as he let out a small, soft chuckle.

But before you could even go even a milimeter near to the stall you stumbled back as you were constantly being pushed by the swarm of people. An obviously pissed expression was written on your face as a tch mark was slowly start to form om your forehead.

You just kept getting pushed until you felt a warm hand interlock with yours as you looked up to see a blushing Xiao looking away.

"Where to first?" Xiao mumbled as he still avoided your gaze.

"U-uhm..I need meat.." you stuttered as you tried to control the giddy expression on your face as Xiao led you two to the stall not letting go from your hand.

You looked around quite a bit as you would be lying if you said that you didn't find the scenery of lanterns hanging from the houses and being sold absolutely beautiful.

"Ooh that's right. The lantern rite is in a few days right?" You stated as you looked around throught the variety of lanterns while walking as Xiao just gave a nod.

You and Xiao continued walking through the stalls buying the ingredients you needed until you heard a certain someone call out your name.

"Y/n! Xiao!" You turned back to see a certain paimon floating closer to you along with Aether and an unfamiliar brown-haired man.

"Ah hey. What are you guys doing here?" You asked.

"We're helping Zhongli here buy a few stuff." They explained as you suddenly saw Xiao flinch at the mention of the name.

"Ah y/n..I believe you're the 'Ms. Cutie' Childe was referring to.." Zhongli said nonchalantly as all of you stared at him with shock written on your faces.

"Y-y/n is fine Mr. Zhongli." You insisted with a nervous chuckle as Zhongli then gazed towards you and Xiao's intertwined hands with a smile.

"I also believe you're the woman Childe mentioned that Xiao was interested in." You two immediately flinched in response as a dark blush was painted across your faces.

"N-"

"Ooh so it was Xiao that Y/n kept thinking off a few weeks ago~" Paimon cut you off as both her and Aether smirked.

You suddenly felt Xiao's hand hold your hand tighter as he was left there at a loss of words and a stuttering mess.

"W-well would you look at the time, if you'll e-excuse us we have some m-matters to attend to-" Xiao hurriedly said as he gently dragged your hand over somewhere far away from the three.

You both stood somewhere at a less crowded as you stopped to catch your breath.

You glanced over a bit at Xiao and immediately met with his eyes as you two panickly looked away.

"U-uhm..Ah yes! Some lover! N-no I mean sugar! Yes. I need sugar n-next.."

"O-ok..let's go.." and just like that you both awkwardly continued your grocery spree with both hands intertwined together.