≪•◦ Chapter 12 ◦•≫

"He..?" Xiao asked with slight fear dripping through his tone as a certain person came into mind.

"My, my~ If it isn't my old friend Alatus and the Geo Archon himself." A sudden voice then said from behind the two.

[A/N: Alatus is Xiao's given name.]

"Bosacius.." Xiao mumbled with pure hatred and rage slipping through his tongue.

"Now now, no need to be so hostile. I'm finally here to pay a visit and this is how you welcome me?" The mysterious male playfully whined.

"Quit playing games Bosacius. You were alive all this time!?" Xiao said sternly as he slightly raised his voice.

The male could only shrug as his gaze soon graced upon your sleeping figure on the couch.

"Hm~ And who might this young lass be?" The mysterious male asked slyly as he gazed over to you.

Xiao then swiftly dashed over to him and took his collar in his hands as he glared at him.

"You do as much as to even lay a finger at her, and I won't hesitate to end you right here." Xiao growled as he glared.

"If you could, you would have done that two thousand years ago." The male said slyly with a confident smirk.

"Well. I'm not here to satrt a fight just yet. So I'll be on my way now~" Xiao was then about to strike a punch before the male then disappeared into thin air.

Xiao shaked in anger as he curled his fist and looked stared down on the ground.

"Why is that bastard alive..why now.." Xiao muttered with obvious irritation as Zhongli put one hand over Xiao's head.

"Don't worry. He was sealed off so I doubt he regained his power that fast. He most likely won't strike anytime soon."

"Strike..?"

"Well since he's back, he's most likely trying to continue his original plan...

...to take over Liyue."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

You shifted in bed as you woke up to a pounding headache.

You looked around to see that the restaurant was surprisingly clean, considering the party that took place yesterday.

You then spotted Xiao practicing his skills outside with an oddly serious look on his face.

"Good morning Xiao." You said with a little yawn as drowziness was still apparent throughout your system.

Xiao continued practicing as he slashed the dummies seemingly not hearing and noticing your presence.

"Xiao..? Are you alright?" You asked concerned as you lightly touched his arm.

"Tsk. What is it!?" Xiao snapped and forcefully slapped ypur hand away as he looked over to you with annoyance.

You were taken a back by his action and hesitantly stepped away.

"I-I'm sorry. I was just making sure you were ok."

"And what are you gonna do if I'm not huh!? Learn not to meddle in other people's bussiness. Don't forget, you're just a mortal."

He said sternly with an angry look. A look that craved revenge.

A tear then started to stream down your face as you shaked with both fear and anger.

A look of realization the dawned over Xiao's features as he dropped his spear to the ground and rushed over to you.

"Y/n I'm sorry..I-"

"Well I'm sorry as well cause this mortal was just worried about you." You cut him off as you glared at him with tears streaming from your eyes.

You rushed back inside the restaurant as you sat on the floor and tried to control your emotions.

As much as you hated to admit it, it finally dawned over you. The man you were in love with was an immortal. And you knew you can't live forever.

Tears started pouring even more at the thought of how far apart both your worlds were. What would happened if the day you die would suddenly come?

Would Xiao just be left alone again?

"Fuck Y/n stop crying.." you mumbled lowly to yourself as you tried to wipe the tears away but they just kept coming even more.

"It's ok." A warm and gentle voice said as you were embraced with warm arms that made you feel safe.

"What are you doing here.." you mumbled.

"I'm sorry Y/n...nothing could justify for what I did.." Xiao said as he leaned your head towards his chest as he kissed your forehead.

"Xiao...is everything ok..?" You asked with obvious concern.

"No. He's..he's back." Xiao explained with a sigh.

"Who is?"

"Bosacius."

"WHAT!?" You exclaimed in shock as you pulled away from the hug and looked at him dead straight in the eye.

"YOU MEAN BOSACIUS AS IN ONE OF THE YAKSHAS!?"

Xiao could only reply with a nod as he explained the whole scenario that happened awhile ago.

"Isn't he..the one who killed the other Yakshas?"

"Yes." Xiao replied as he curled his fist into a ball.

"With his will to take over Liyue, there's no doubt that the first move he's gonna make is to summon demons all over Liyue."

"Xiao.." you uttered worriedly as you gently carressed your lovers cheek.

"...please be careful."

Xiao kissed you as he gave you a reassuring smile afterwards.

You both sat there in a comfortable silence while enjoying the company of each other until Xiao suddenly flinched as you looked over to him to see what's wrong.

"..he already making his move."

"What?"

"Demon's are swarming the harbor."

"WHAT!?"

Xiao then stood up as he got ready to dash to their aid before you hesitantly grabbed his wrist.

"Be careful ok..?" You said with obvious worry in your voice.

He gave you a reassuring smile as he kissed your lips gently.

"I will."

And just like that, the man you loved flew out of your sight as you stood there staring out the window with worry.