Chapter 7- Ready to end this thing for good?

(Author's Note: This is it! This is the last chapter of my story! I really hope that you guys enjoyed reading the story, and I will definitely write more in the future. Also, I changed the cover image this afternoon, and I think that it looks so much better! That out of the way, enjoy the last part of the story! There may be an afterword on what exactly happened at the end, but we'll see.
~Labridae)

Annie’s POV:

I shut my laptop, took out my ear buds, and leaned back in the sofa. Suddenly, something struck me. “May!” I sat bolt upright and waved my hands in the air to get her attention. May turned around quickly while turning her phone off and putting it on the couch next to her. “What are we going to do about the game?” May froze.

“I don’t know,” she mused. “What do they usually do with haunted games in creepypastas?” I racked my brains, and tried to remember the last haunted game creepypasta I read.

“I think in the last one I read they put it in some remote storage facility or gave it away, I can’t really remember.” I said. “You don’t have storage lockers in your apartment, do you?” May paused to think.

“I think we do actually,” She said after a moment. “I think there are storage units in the basement. Maybe we could put it down there.” I nodded. That sounded like a good plan, because I honestly doubted that the game could find its way back up here on its own.

“We should do that then,” I proclaimed. “I would definitely feel better if the game is gone.” May went over to the entryway and grabbed her key ring out of her jacket pocket. She fiddled with it for a few seconds until she found a really worn looking key with a tag attached to the end of it. She put on her jacket and opened the door.

“Ready to go?” She asked. “We can finally get rid of this thing for good.”

“Hold on,” I reminded her. “What about the game?” May turned back from the doorway, her face suddenly fearful.

“That’s right…” She said slowly. “Do you want me to go get it with you?” I nodded quickly, and pointed to the rolling pin on the kitchen counter.

“Arm yourself,” I said. “Who knows what could happen once we get in there?” May went and retrieved her skillet from the stovetop once more, and I grabbed the rolling pin from the counter. We quickly walked down the hallway and stopped in front of the office door. I held up three fingers for May to see. She nodded and braced herself. I put down another finger, and may turned the doorknob. I put the last finger down and we were in the office. As soon as we burst through the door, the first thing we noticed was that the lobby was not on the screen; everything was just the way we left it before. May sighed in relief and went over to the desk to pick up the game. She then walked out of the room and down the hallway. I closed the door behind her, and I followed her out of the apartment and into the stairwell.

May’s POV:

I have only been down to the storage unit once or twice in my time living here in the apartment, so I only vaguely remembered where they were. Annie and I descended the two flights of stairs quickly, heading for the lobby below. I directed Annie to the back of the lobby, and ushered her through a door. We descended two more flights of stairs, until we came to a long hallway, almost completely bare, except for plastic signs with the apartments labeled on them. “2B, 2B…” I murmured, scanning the signs for the matching label. Annie spotted it down the hallway, and I practically ran to the door and whipped out the key from my pocket. Hands shaking, I unlocked the door and burst inside. Annie followed closely behind and flicked on the light. With a pop, the fluorescent bulb hanging from the ceiling turned on, flickering slightly. The room was full of boxes and cartons of the previous owner’s things that I brought down here on the first day that I moved in. Annie scanned the room.

“Look at all of the stuff in here!” She said, opening cardboard boxes and looking inside. “So can you just put the game anywhere?” She asked, holding up a faded green photo album and examining it.

“I guess so,” I said, walking over to her and examining the album too. “I’ll just put it underneath all of this stuff in here!” I pointed to and walked over to a single cardboard box in the corner and opened it. To my surprise, the box was completely empty. I shrugged and dropped the game carelessly inside. The game made a loud cracking sound when it hit the bottom of the box and I turned around to see if the game had broken. I headed over to the box to check for damage, but…

“May?” I stopped walking, and turned to Annie, who was rummaging inside an old green suitcase. “Ready to end this thing for good?” I nodded, and momentarily forgot about the game. I headed out of the room pausing at the doorway, waiting for Annie who pulled something out of the suitcase. She followed behind me, carrying the photo album in her arms, flicking off the light and closing the door as she went. We walked down the hallway, congratulating each other for a job well done, making it through the game’s paces. Everything seemed like it would be all right from now on.

Now that I’m typing this, I really thought that I could put this event in the past, and continue to enjoy Annie’s uneventful visit to America. Now that I look back at the end of this ordeal, I realized that it was so stupid that I didn’t listen to Reddit user Muchcake, that I hadn’t dropped the CD ROM from such a great height onto the hard concrete floor. I really wished I had checked to see what happened to the game, and maybe I would’ve noticed the angry look on the ticket taker’s pixelated face. Maybe, just maybe, it wouldn’t have been too late to stop him.

Madamelolcatz logged off.