32 * Or What?

"Hey, doll. Missed you." Bucky walked in, dropping his bag at the door and immediately pulling me in for a kiss. I smiled against his lips and grabbed his hand so we could walk to the couch.

"You just missed Stark." I slumped into the couch.

"Tony? Why?" He asked and I lifted my arm showing my new bracelet. "Ah, panic button. Right."

"You have one?"

Bucky smirked, "Well, Tony referred to mine as the 'help, I've fallen and can't get up.' Button but yeah, we all do."

I couldn't stop myself from laughing. Bucky just rolled his eyes and put his arm around me. I leaned into him and then sighed. "So, I guess we should talk about... this."

Bucky nodded. "We should. Mind if I start?" I nodded and Bucky sat up straight and turned to me. "I don't want to keep any secrets from you, I want you to have eyes wide open going into this. The Winter Soldier is still in here." He tapped his head. "Shuri got rid of the trigger words, yes. But I'll never be free of him, there's too much dirt, I've done too much damage. I won't blame you if it ends up being too much, but I just need you to know."

I waited until I was sure he was done talking before I responded. "You are not the Winter Soldier anymore. You have his memories, that's all. This man right here," I grabbed his hands "could never. I know it doesn't feel that way yet, but it will. And I love you, I'm not going anywhere." Bucky smiled so I continued. "I'm not worried about that. However, the Avengers. I can't go back there."

"Doll-"

"No, James. I need you to listen. You weren't there. They don't trust me, and I don't blame them. I don't trust them either, they let Hydra take you, if I didn't get you back..." I stopped myself.

"Well, you did. And there's one thing I need to tell you about that. They were right." I looked up at him in shock but he raised his finger asking me to wait, I let him continue. "Not about you being dangerous, but I would rather them take me over you, any day. There's no way I would be able to handle losing you. Not even in the slightest."

"Oh, but I could?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Eh, you'd move on." He waved his hand dismissing it and I laughed.

"Well, let's never find out."

Bucky nodded. "You don't have to come back. But I do. You know that right?"

"They're your family, I know."

"Mostly just Steve." Bucky shrugged.

I leaned against his shoulder. "So... You're my boyfriend?"

Bucky laughed and kissed my forehead. "For now, yeah. Boyfriend."

"For now?" I pulled away from him and Bucky didn't answer. He just got up and grabbed his bag, then started walking to the bedroom. "James? What are you doing?"

"Putting my stuff away. I'm here for the weekend."

"What do you mean for now?" I leaned over the couch to talk to him but he already walked away and didn't answer. I yelled after him. "Hello! What do you mean for now?" He laughed from the other room. "James Buchanan Barnes if you don't answer me!"

I got up and walked into my room. Once in the door he grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. "Or what?" He whispered right before his lips met mine, and I suddenly forgot my threat.