Chapter 1

*beep beep beep beep beep*
"Ugh!" I groaned. It is fucking 5:30 in the morning. I reached over my pillow and shut off the bastardly alarm clock. Slowly, I got out of my bed and walked to my drawer and got out my skinny jeans, forever 21 crop top, my toiletry bag, and a floral SnapBack. I put my outfit on the foot of my bed.

With my toiletry bag, I made my way over to the crappy showers at the adoption agency and turned the cleanest one on. I walked into the shower after stripping and getting out my dove shampoo and conditioner and my bath and body works body wash.

For a while I just sat in the shower thinking about how much my life sucks. The old bathroom door made a loud squeaky sound and I hears several people come running into the shower area. Fuck! I was zoned out for too long. Usually I'm done by the time the others come and shower. I quickly grabbed my shampoo and washed my hair. The water was already getting cold. Awe man!

I tried to make the water warmer but it didn't work so I just conditioned my hair and washed my body extremely fast.

Done with my shower, I turned the water off, grabbed my towel, dried off, and left to my room. I got changed into my outfit and put on my lotion. I went to go loosely curl my long, brown hair and put on minimal makeup. I had to look good if I was going to get adopted.

"Grrrgggllegjfkgjrgkfjkg" my stomach growled. "I should go get food. It is only..." i looked at my watch. "...7:00 I have time before the people start coming at 8:00." I put on my shoes and walked to the pantry and looked for something good to eat. "Stale. Stale. Gross! Fattening. Stale. Moldy. Aha!" There was a granola bar that looked better than the moldy bread next to it so I grabbed it.

I went into the fridge, grabbed the milk, grabbed a cup, and poured myself a glass. After I ate and drank, I went up stairs to go on twitter, tumblr, Instagram, and whatever other social media I have. About the time I was stalking Nick Jonas's Instagram, Mrs. Reid came in asking, "Autumn, Would you go and dress the little ones please?".

I turned off my phone and replied, "Sure." Not like I had a choice or any thing.

I walked out of my small room into the hall which had six more rooms. Infant-2 year olds, 2-4 year olds, 4-7 year olds, 7-11 year olds, 11-15 year olds, and the 15+ rooms. All occupied by girls. I would be in the 15+ room but the person who has been in The Reid Orphanage For Girls the longest gets their own room. I've been here for 16 years. I got dropped off when I was about 2 months old. Presently, I've been the longest in here so I get that room. The person who was in it turned 18 a few months ago and could no longer be in Mrs. Reid's care so she got kicked out. She was never adopted. Just like me.

Today is adoption day so hopefully that will change. Probably not. It has been 16 years and I haven't been adopted and probably never will.

I walked down the hall and took a right at the last door. When I walked in I saw two of the other teenagers helping the little girls into dresses. The little 3 year olds refused to wear the dresses. I laughed at Sarah and Sam struggling to get them in the dresses.

"Need some help?" I asked while laughing.

Sarah answered, "Yes please. They all love you." I smiled at the compliment and started giving orders.

"Sarah. You pick out 8 dressed for the other girls. Sam. You line up all the girls and then pick out shoes and socks." I commanded.

"Okay." "KK." Were their responses.

After that, I started dressing the young girls with their dresses. Once I was finished me, Sarah, and Sam started doing the girls hair.

After we finished our assembly line, I looked at my watch. 7:52. Not too shabby. "Ok now we need to go downstairs. Or we will be late." the three of us took the 10 2-4 year olds downstairs and gave them some crackers to eat until the adopters came at 8:00. Mrs. Reid called through the loud speaker for all the 11+ year old girls to bring the young ones downstairs. I went upstairs and brought down all the little girls. The clock read 8:02.

Here comes hell.