Chapter 4

(A/n a short chapter is better than no chapter! Yeah I don't know how to update on time...)

Jenna's pov

Me and Julien got married 4 months ago and we just moved in to a bigger house. So far we take up a family room, 2 bathrooms, 1 master bedroom, kitchen, 2 offices, and we have a partially decorated guest room. We have 3 random rooms and one bathroom left. The new house is too big. We need a new person to live with us and take up more space. But I have one problem... Julien doesn't know I can't have kids.

Julien's pov

I feel like our new house is just too big for me, Jenna, and our 3 dogs. I'm going to ask her if we can have a kid.

At dinner tonight I'm having gluten free pizza and Jenna is having vegetarian pizza. Were sitting across from each other eating our pizza. I'm going to ask her now.

"Jenna, I was thinking since this house is really big and we are married... If ummm... We wanna have a kid together." I nervously said causing Jenna to stop eating and turn pale.

"Well... Ummm. I haven't really told you this before but I can't have children." Jenna replied shyly.

"Oh. But kids aren't that bad. Any ways we have 3 dogs. We're used to taking care of things." I said hopingly waiting for a reaction.

"Julien. You are so stupid. I physically can't have children. If we are having a kid we have to adopt." Jenna said kind of obviously.

"Oooooh. I understand now." I said.

"Yep." Jenna said awkwardly.

"So do you want to adopt?" I asked.

"I would like to but babies are too annoying." Jenna answered me.

"True. So would you like to adopt a teen?" I asked again.

"Yeah. That's better. But what about college and stuff?" Jenna answered and asked.

"I guess they can go to a community college or they hopefully have a scholarship." I replied.

"Should we make plans to adopt? Or do we want to wait. I'm fine with either."

"Well, I'm also fine with either. We should make plans and then get to know her and stuff."

"Good idea. I'll search adoption agency's and orphanages within 300 miles of here."

"Yay!" Jenna exclaimed.

I went onto Google and searched for 'adoption in California'. The results were very helpful. It turns out that there is an orphanage for girls about 15 miles away but with California traffic, the drive will probably be 45 minutes long. Because of that reason, were going to schedule an appointment for a couple of days later.

We're doing it.

We're adopting a kid. Or a teenager. I don't know! We'll figure it out later.