Dreams of Disaster | pt 2

Once the door was closed and locked, Talia pressed a finger to her forehead, letting the disguise rune fade, her copper hair turning silver, pale skin deepening to a blue and ears sharpening into points. She hurried to the bathroom mirror and started to brush out her hair and braid strands of it into a small half-bun, leaving her bangs just brushing her icy-blue eyes. Then she ran to her closet and picked out a cape, with silk puffy sleeves, the fabric of which had constellations pictured all over it. The actual train of the cape had purple velvet fabric ending in a point, with the rest of the cape being made of the constellation silk, in the pattern of a star. The hood was a soft and plush purple velvet. The clasp was a silver star emblem. She also slipped into a pair of light leather pants, ridden with various silver belts and buckles, the likes of which had pockets full of varying powders and potions. After brushing out her hair and tying it up into a braided half-bun, tied with the same star emblem as the clasp of her cape, she opened the window and slipped out onto the roof. She hopped rooftop to rooftop, until she sat on a roof looking down at the swarm of crowds. Children and street vendors alike lined roads. She whispered a spell into her palm, aimed, and threw the ball into the centre of the square.

Here we go!

A bloom of purple smoke rose up and there Talia stood, or as the towns people knew here when she was like this, The Silven Sorcerer. A fancy stage-name for when she could use her true Moon Elf powers and not be hunted down. "Good Morning! Who would like to see a show of magic!" The crowd roared in response. She made a show of holding her hands up into the air, and summoned a large fracture of ice crystals into the air. They moved like water, but remained the crystal appearance. The shards crashed against each other, sending snow crystals down onto the crowd.

The regular show of magic ensued for most of the day, with Talia making a big show of magic spells that most of the kids had never even dared to learn. A few of them even came up and showed of spells of their own. Once Talia was done her show, she made a big bow and discreetly threw a teleportation spell back onto the roof, and a smoke bomb onto the floor. As the smoke bomb hit the floor, Talia was gone and onto the rooftops. the gas she used smelled like lavender, a signature smell that would remind the townsfolk of her every day. She made her way back to her room and slipped through the window. She quickly got dressed into her blue dress again and activated the disguise rune. Talia's mother was also an Elf as she was, but the two of them kept disguise runes on when working in the tavern. She and Serine were a species of elven folk called 'Moon Elves.' they were known for the classic blue skin, and pure silver hair, that was worth thousands on the black market. They used disguise runes to appear human. A few of Serine's closest friends knew of the secret, and even had promised sanctuary and a way out of the Fourth Realm if they needed to get away.

Her mind wandered back to earlier that day as rain pored down from the sky and dripped and dropped all along the walls and the roof. They were just cleaning the bar and tables from earlier that day, and all the other patrons had gone up to their rooms, so it was just Talia and her mother. they kept on the runes though, just in case one or two patrons drifted down for a glass of water, or to leave late into the night on a quest or visit. Thunder struck jolting Talia from her thoughts. She peered out the window and out into the street.

Wait....was that someone walking towards the door?

The door to the tavern SLAMMED open, and hanging in the doorframe was the tall figure of a hooded man. Blood dripped from somewhere deep under his robe, and from under the hood. "Uhm....sir? Can we help you?" Serine asked causally. the figure breathed in shakily and took a perilous step forward...and slammed right into the floor with a sick and wet THUMP.