The Odd Traveler | pt 2

Talia looked right into the eyes of the stranger, breaths coming up short. For some reason, the man who appeared at their door very injured, was now chocking her.

"Where..am I." He said in a low gruff voice. It was slightly shaky and Talia could tell it pained him to stand let alone hold her up against the wall. She could feel the disguise rune nearly crumble under the oppressive feeling and the pain of this man's strength. She caught what little air she could and spoke in a strained voice "You..appeared injured...at the door..we are...healing you..please...let me go.." She coughed for air. The man stared at her for a bit, before letting her go and putting a hand on his side. Blood seeped through the bandages as what seemed like a cut opening. Talia cough for air and held her throat. That was too close. The rune was close to shattering.

The man sat down onto the bed and breathed in shaky and pained breaths. Talia went to the bowl and picked up the rag, dipping it into the bowl again. She walked over to him and held out the rag. "Here, this is dipped in a healing solution. Put it over your wound." He looked almost surprised at the gesture, before taking the rag and dabbing it at the bandages. "...thanks...Sorry about...before.." He held a hand to the back of his neck. "Name's Markus. I'm an adventurer, and....I just went through a lot of shit. Don't remember much so...I just assumed I was in danger. Guess I was wrong.."

Talia shrugged it off. Adventurers like Markus might go through much more then she could even imagine, it was only his instincts that caused the reaction. "It's fine, really. I'm Talia, and you are in the Fourth realm, in a tavern called the Dragons Den. My mom and I own it." She started to sipe off her dress and took the things off the back of the door and plopped them onto the bed. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like." Markus just nodded, and with that Talia walked out of the room and closed the door.

As she walked out though....she could have sworn a feeling of déjà vu..