four.

"We need a team name." 

The three girls snapped their heads towards the singular male on the team as they sat around eating lunch together. "I beg your pardon?"

Jason shrugged, taking a sip of his water. "Yeah, you know, a name. Like how there is the Justice League and the Injustice League...I'm sure the young wannabes have a team name, so why shouldn't we have one as well?"

The three others replied at the same time. 

"He has a point."

"Because team names are stupid?"

"Cheshire and her three Kittens." The younger trio glared at Jade and she shrugged. "What? Its cute."

"If we are to have a team name, it shouldn't be cute." Rose rolled her eyes. "It should be memorable."

"Cheshire and her three Kittens isn't memorable?"

"It sounds like a kid's special." Rose snorted. "Hiya kids! It's me, Cheshire here! Are you ready to learn to count with me and my kittens? How many kittens do you see?"

"Ravager, never do that voice again, please." Jason shivered. "I will have nightmares for the rest of my existence."

"Good, you deserve it." Ravager smirked, looking over at the blonde. "Rocky, you've been awfully quiet. What's up?"

Tara looked at the rest of her team before nodding. "Heathens."

"Excuse me?"

"That should be our team name. Heathens." Tara shrugged. "Its memorable and not cute. And it fits us."

Jade hummed, tapping her chin. "Terra does have a point. I like it. All in favor?" Jason, Jade, and Tara raised their hands, Rose glaring at that table. Jade rolled her eyes. "Ravager, stop pouting because Tara thought of it before you. It's good."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Rose raised her hand with a roll of her eyes. "Heathens it is then."

The quartet nodded at each other before continuing to eat their lunches, slowly getting up one by one when they were finished to clean their dishes. Once they were all done with their food and cleaning up after themselves, they silently made their way to the training room with all eyes on Jade. She ignored the younger teens and walked over to the wall of weapons, grabbing everyone's preferred weapon.

But rather than giving Rose her swords and Jason his shuriken, she gave Tara Rose's sword, Rose Jason's shuriken, Jason her own sai, and she pulled out a crossbow for herself. The younger trio looked at her funny until she explained herself. "We need to be well versed in any type of weaponry. Relying too much on one weapon is a surefire way to spell doom for yourself. Besides, you never know when Terra might run into a power dampener and need a weapon of her own, or Jason may run out of shuriken and need to borrow my sai, or I might come across A - a stray crossbow that Tigress dropped when we knocked her ass. My point - it is always good to be prepared."

The younger ones just nodded, Jason looking at the sai like they were a gift from a god. "You really trust me with your weapons?"

Jade snorted. "I trust myself to end you should you somehow damage them."

Jason raised his hands in defense. "Fair enough."

Looking at the younger team members, Jade explained the exercise. "Alright, it is simple. We are going to learn how to use these weapons. Practice by yourself and should you have any questions, ask the owner of the weapon. Got it? Good. Get to it."

The quartet spread out throughout the training area  and got to work on training with their temporary weapons. They spent about thirty minutes doing this when Rose snorted. She walked over to Tara and snatched the sword from the blonde. "Hey!"

Rose shushed her. "Your strikes won't have much power or precision behind them if you hold it like that. Here, try it like this." Rose took Tara's hand and adjusted it on the sword, showing her how to properly hold the sword and strike with it. "See? Much more efficient."

"You're right. Thank you." Tara was pleasantly surprised, looking at the white haired girl in slight shock. 

"Hey, we're a real team now, we've got to act like it." Rose shrugged. "Also, it is not as affective to stab as it is to slash and strike. Trust me. Stab when you are going in for the kill but other than that, you leave yourself vulnerable."

Tara nodded, watching as Rose walked a safe distance away before practicing what the girl just taught her. Jade watched the whole exchange and smiled to herself, glad the two girls were getting over whatever their issues were with each other in order to help the other  - and the team - out. 

"What are you smiling about, Cheshire?" Jade looked over to see Jason going to town on a dummy with her sai. 

She rolled her eyes. "I'm just glad everyone is getting along for once. It is good for team moral and helps when we are out on missions."

"Oh yeah, we are totally going to start braiding each other's hair and painting nails later tonight." Rose scoffed. "Jade, fighting is the one thing we can agree on."

"And that will be our stepping stone towards more things to agree on." Jade smirked. "Trust me, it will all work out."

"Speaking of work outs...we should probably get back to ours and focus on the task at hand, yes?" Tara arched a brow. The others mumbled their agreement and got back to practicing with their weapons for another fifteen minutes before Jade declared it was time to switch things up, everyone rotating weapons with another member of the team. 

This continued on until everyone had had a chance to practice with each weapon that wasn't theirs originally. When they were done they put the weapons  away and went their separate ways as they were all a little tense from spending so much time with each other. 

Or, they attempted to go their separate ways. 

As they were walking down the hallways of the compound the Light had gifted them, Jade paused with a frown on her face. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at it, sighing. "Never mind unwind time, looks like we have a mission."

"Wait, seriously?" Rose didn't know whether to be upset or grateful.

"Yup. I'll brief you on the way. Everyone gear up. We leave in ten."

Sorry this is kinda short, I just wanted to give y'all a snippet into what their lives are like (and give myself time to decide on their mission lolol) Anyways, mission will be next update and hopefully longer!