I've been waiting//Carol Danvers

Summary:

Requested by: carolswife

This is set during the Captain Marvel movie. Y/N and Carol were in a relationship when Carol was in the crash. Y/N moved in with Maria and Monica while Carol was gone. But after six years of hoping Carol's still alive she returns to Maria's house with no memory of anything. (The whole tesseract, skrolls, and kree thing happened but never involved Y/N because Y/N was on a work assignment out of state. And Carol still doesn't remember anything about Y/N.)

———

Y/N's Pov

I was driving home from a long boring week at work. My eyebrows furrowed when I saw a giant ship outside. I rushed inside and saw Carol sitting there. The only other people I recognized was Maria and Monica. But there were three green people and a man.

"Maria, what the hell is going on here?" I question. "Y/N, we can explain." She says standing up. I nod my head and sit in a chair next to her.
They explained everything to me and how Carol was back. I'm sad that Carol doesn't even remember me. "We'll leave you two alone." Maria smiled before everyone exited the room.

"So...you don't remember anything about me?" I ask. "Flashes of memories keep coming back but I don't understand what role you played in my past." She said.
"Well for starters, we were dating." I say. She quirks and eyebrow and smirks. "I must have been lucky." She flirted. I smile at her and in my mind I try to figure out what to say. "Well...we were dating before you were in that crash." I say. She nods for me to continue.

"We met several years ago, we were both in the Pegasus program. Sadly when we met it was my last day. So you asked me out, of course I said yes, how could I not? And a little while later I asked you to be my girlfriend. We stayed up late on weekends and went on dates when we could. We'd tell each other about our day after work. It was like life was perfect for a moment. That was until you decided to be more reckless than usual which led to the crash. I was deviated and everyone thought you were gone. But I kept my hope for you to come back. Just when I was in doubt you showed up." I say.

She nods her head and adjusts her seating position. She reaches for my hand that was set on the table. She grips it and says, "It's starting to come back to me now. Like the time we chased each other in a field. I can remember now how beautiful you looked when the sun shined on you face that day. And your smile, it made me feel something." I look up from our hands to look in her eyes. I smiled and she squeezed my hand.

"You're still as beautiful as I can remember." She says with a smile. "You're not so bad yourself." I tease. We both laugh and once the laughter died down I stood up. I walked over to her and straddled her lap. She quirked an eyebrow at my actions. I smiled at her and just wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back tightly. Until I pulled back with watery eyes. "It's ok, everything's gonna be ok. I'm here now." She says while wiping the tear that escaped my eyes.

She cupped my cheeks and leaned in. Our lips met and a spark struck through me. I missed her. Everything about her. Her smirk, her eyes, her lips, I mean what's not to miss about her?