The Mission//Wanda Maximoff

Summary:
This takes place during Avengers: Age of Ultron. Wanda and Pietro had left Hydra's base to fight the Avengers, but Pietro wasn't so lucky when fighting.
I was an Avenger, I had powers which were similar to Wanda's such as telekinesis, energy manipulation, neuro electrical interfacing, etc. But I also had invisibility. As an Avenger I had been given a mission, and that mission was to find Wanda Maximoff.

———

I had just gotten a report that she was last seen in the forest not too far outside of Sokovia. The report also said that her twin brother Pietro had been killed when they went to fight the Avengers.
I had drove as close as I could without being seen. I had to use my invisibility for the walking portion.

I had gone a mile past Hydra's base in Sokovia. I made sure to make the least amount of noise as possible while I walked. 'She couldn't have gone that far, considering the fact that she had just gotten in a fight and lost her brother.' It took another half mile and there she was.
She was crying behind a big tree.

I became visible again and kept my distance. "Wanda?" She quickly looked up and backed into the tree. "Hey hey. It's ok, I'm not here to hurt you. I promise." I say, approaching her slowly and sitting beside her.
I could tell she was looking at me, but I continued to look forward. "You know, I have powers. Just like you." I said and then looked at her. She wiped the tears from her face with her sleeves.

I focused on the power that coursed through me. My hands began to glow green. I looked back up at Wanda, her frown was replaced with a small smile. "See, just like you." I said smiling. I suddenly stood up and she looked up at me. I held my hand out, she was hesitant at first but she then took my hand. I helped her up, but she didn't stop holding my hand.

I smiled at her and went invisible, but this time she did too. It's nice that my powers allow  something or someone to go invisible when I am touching it/them, and I can still see the thing or if it is someone we can see each other.
We then began to walk back.
After a while we made it to the car.

I drove us to a motel far enough from Hydra. "I'll take a room with two singles overnight, please." I said to the clerk. Once I paid, they handed me the key and we went to the room. I then opened the door and we walked in. I sat down on one of the beds and sighed. 'Maybe I should say something, she hasn't said anything back to me yet.'
"You know, I'm kind of a sucker for women with accents." I smirked. 'Wow, way to screw it up Y/N.'

She smirked at my stupid comment. "I'm flattered, but my accent isn't anything special." She said. 'Never mind then, looks like I finally got her to talk.' "Wow, sorry but your accent is everything to me." If she wasn't blushing before, she definitely is now.
"My original reason, I needed to find you was because of a mission I was given. I now realize that maybe I shouldn't turn you in to my fellow Avengers. They saw you as a threat and they wanted to 'help' you. But I get it now, you're scared and you need some help. But not the Avengers kind of help. The other Avengers wouldn't be able to fulfill what you need. I'm willing to help you though. As in helping you control your powers and use them in a better way." I said. 'Way to word it, now she'll think you're just as bad as them.' 

"You don't know what I need! I have only just met you and you already think you know me! I do not trust the Avengers or anyone who are like Tony Stark. His bombs killed my parents and my home was destroyed." She yelled. "You don't remember me, do you? I was raised in Hydra too, but I escaped months ago because I realized what they were doing. I joined the Avengers, knowing I'd be helping people not hurting them. That's the whole reason I was assigned this mission, I was familiar with you and Hydra. My powers, they are very similar to yours. But I know what people seem for in life and their ambitions. Not to mention, invisibility. I know that you're hurting inside, Wanda, and that you've been through so much. But I'm here for you." I say.

"My brother died earlier today, I lost him just before we could say we won. It hurts so badly. Then I go and meet someone who is just like me which scares me." She says, finally sitting down beside me. 'What did she mean when she said before we could say we won though?'
"It's a lot to process, I know. I'm not going to give you up to the other Avengers. They won't understand you or your pain." I say. "I know I'm coming off as controlling but I've seen you out there. They have no idea how powerful you truly are."

She began to cry. "Hey, it's gonna be ok." I say hugging her. Once she stopped crying she wiped her tears once more. "I'm sorry for arguing with you. It's weird having someone understand me. I guess I'm just so tired." She says sniffling.

"It's ok, you don't need to apologize. I totally get it. You need to get some rest, it's been a long day for you. Tomorrow I was thinking I could take you to my house. It'll be a slightly long drive and then we'll fly the rest of the way." I say, she simply nodded in response. 
I got up and moved the blankets to lay down, it was starting to get dark anyways so it was perfect timing. She got up and got into the bed next to mine. After a while I then laid on my side facing her bed. She was asleep already, and I eventually fell asleep too.

I heard whimpering, so I opened my eyes and quickly sat up. It was Wanda, I guess she was having a nightmare. I got up and went over to her. "Wanda, Wanda wake up." I said slightly shaking her. She jolted up and her hands glowed red. "It's ok, it's just me." I said rubbing her arm.

Once she calmed down I laid back down. I was staring at the ceiling but then I heard movement. Wanda stood at the side of my bed. I looked into her eyes, I knew what she was feeling and what she wanted. I moved over and she got in and laid down. She seemed a lot more peaceful after.