Chapter 9: Sports Festival, Part 3!

As you were waiting for your match to start, you saw the last battle's contestants walk through the hallway. They were Ejirou Kirishima and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. They had extremely similar quirks, but that was for another time. You needed to focus, and come up with a plan.

Looking back on the mock battles, you recalled that Fumikage's quirk worked well in daylight. It had medium strength at this time of day, and you could probably outwear him. Although, that wouldn't be fun to watch. So you decided to come up with something else. Using the concrete from the arena, you could make an artificial sun, so to call it.

It was basically just a giant light bulb.

Well, it was either that or a flash-bang, but you thought that'd be too..inconsiderate. He was a classmate, not a villain. Military-grade equipment was not necessary. That had to wait, however, as you had been called out onto the field.

As you approached said field, Fumikage was walking to it as well, on the other side of the arena.

Once the both of you reached your positions, you called out: "Best of luck, Fumikage!" and he nodded, seeming to reply the same thing.

You couldn't hear him though, as the signal pistol sounded.

He immediately started forward, rushing you as he called on dark shadow. Having just a little time to think, you turned a pebble on the ground into a shield, and blocked his attacks (Haha, a Momo reference, funny). You could tell that you weren't going to hold out forever, though, so you made some modifications to your shield.

You had added some LED lightbulbs onto the shield, protected by plastic, and pulled a trigger on the handle of the shield. This caused a bright light to be emitted, blinding Fumikage and Dark Shadow momentarily.

Deciding to use those moments to your advantage, you rushed him down, and pushed him back.

You had begun your push back, moving from your side to the arena, to his.

He began to adapt to this fighting style, though, so you decided to get creative. Whenever he thought you would flash, you faked him out and flashed later then usual, catching him off guard and putting him at the edge of the arena.

In one last act of desperation, he let out one last slash with Dark Shadow, almost cleaving your shield in two. That was incredibly reckless, but you knew your shield would hold.

His action was all for naught, however, as you rushed him instead, and pushed him out of the arena.

The signal called, and he sighed in defeat. Changing the now two shields back into pebbles, you apologized. "I'm sorry, my strategy was a bit..rude. Relying on your quirk's weakness to light.." you said in a low tone. "No no, it's alright. You came up with a strategy, and stuck with it. A good strategy, at that. By the way, how did you discover that my weakness was light? I don't remember telling it to anyone." He replied, and his tone changed at the end of his reply.

Sweat dropping, you panicked a little. "Just a guess. Darkness's weakness is usually light, right? At least, it's represented that way in most media." You shrugged.

He seemed to be skeptical, but shrugged. "Oh well. You won, and I lost. Let's get off of the field." He said, and you complied.

Once the both of you had been tended to by a visit from Recovery Girl, you returned to your seat in the stands to an ecstatic Momo. She was so happy for you that a light basically emanated from her. "Y/N! That was brilliant! Fumikage too! You both were awesome!" She cheered, and almost everyone else in the class agreed. Well, except for the two obvious no-fun-havers. Bakugou made no remarks, however. Which was a bit strange, considering he usually did.