eighteen .

🔀 chapter eighteen : Athy's text buddy

"Are you okay?"

Little Lucas looked up, meeting a little girl with big blue eyes, staring down at him in wonder. He tilted his head, confused.

"Why are you suddenly asking me like that? Don't your parents taught you not to talk to strangers?" Lucas said, his eyes blinked.

"No," The girl shook her head as she pouts. "You can't have friends when you don't start talking to strangers, that's what my mum told me."

Lucas frowned. This girl is weird even he just talked to her for the first time.

"I saw you from across the garden, you looked left out so I went and ask what was wrong and see if I could help," The girl added, now sitting on the grass beside him.

"I do not look left out," Lucas huffed, offended. "I'm just giving my parents some space, that's all. Family gatherings are boring."

The girl hummed, nodding in agreement. "I kinda agree."

"You do?" Lucas raised a brow.

"Yep."

"... You're really weird."

The girl sheepishly smiled. "I do hear that from the other kids, I don't know why."

"..." Lucas immediately felt bad after seeing the younger's reaction. He embarrassingly dropped his head.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way..." He muttered lowly as he pouts.

He heard the girl laughed. "It's no big deal~!" She said, patting his back. "I didn't mean to sound offended."

"Well, you do sound like one," Lucas huffed.

"Hey, you wanna listen to music?"

Lucas looked up to face the younger. "Like operas or something?"

The girl's eyes widened in surprise as she took a pair of earphones from her pockets. "What?? No! What year are you on??"

"Huh...? I don't understand..." Lucas pales.

"Nevermind, just listen!" The girl scooted closer and put the earphone on her ear and the other one on Lucas's.

As she pressed the play button, music plays.

"Okay!" Athanasia huffed as she spread the blueprint that she made with Lucas for their bedroom. "Now that we finished the plan, let's give this room a makeover."

"What do we do first ma'am?" Lucas asked, standing straight like a rookie soldier.

Athanasia giggled at his funny act. "Well, first, we need to move the bed and all the furniture in the middle so they don't get caught up with the paint."

"Ah, this might take a while..." Lucas pouted, rolling up his sleeves. "But let's do our best. I haven't worked out for a while, this will be so hard."

"Don't worry, you have me," Athanasia said, winking at him.

"Really?"

"What? You think that I can't handle heavy stuff?" Athanasia frowned.

"I didn't say that," Lucas said with a scoff, rolling his eyes.

"Well, there's no time for arguing, let's work!"

"Yes ma'am."

"Don't call me that, I don't like it."

"Yes ma'am."