Chapter 2

Walking into school today is like I’m Dorothy Gale seeing her friends like the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Lion for the first time. They all look familiar to her, but there not at all who she thought they were. I walked in with Sarah and we saw a note on the door saying if you're late to go to the principal’s office to get your schedule.

          So we were on our way we were already late and we didn’t want to be late anymore.

          Nobody was in the halls, it was like a ghost town. We see Jason sitting outside the principal’s office. Jason was still the same just more muscular. I wouldn't expect it any other way He is the star football player and was preparing all summer for football this year. So we started walking toward Jason to see how he's holding up, and find out why he was sitting outside the principals office. Jason looked up and looked me straight in the eyes. One thing about Jason is that he doesn’t look people in the eye.

    A long time ago when we were friends from the group we made a packed that whenever we'd see the other person about to be in danger we would look into each other’s eyes as a warning. Me and Jason use to be really close like really close but one secret that I shared kept us close and tore us apart. I came back to reality at the wrong time and in the wrong place.

    I was snapped out of my thoughts with the slamming of the door to the office and now I feeling out of it again. Then there was his girlfriend, Miss Fantabulous Fabulous Senior Jenna Junko. They had been together for a long time now surprisingly she usually has five boyfriends in the amount of time dating him. She is really smart and really pretty and very honest, but no one’s perfect she’s also a sneaky controlling vindictive spoiled brat. I wonder why Jasons with her for many reasons, but that one has to be number one.

It’s always good to be on her good side sadly me and Sarah were not, well Sarah wasn't. Jenna treats me fine, when Sarah isn't around. Like I said no problem with me only with Sarah. I don’t know what their deal is, but everyone knows its best not to get in between two fighting girls, they go all out for no reason. Honestly I will never get girls.

"What the hell are you doing here tramp?" Jenna said as she came out the office. I forgot the principle is her dad.

"Excuse me, what did you just say to me slut." Sarah came back at her.

"Let’s just go in the office to get our schedule we're already late to class" I said and pulled her arm.

Sarah stepped on Jenna’s foot as we were going in the office.

“Watch it tramp" Jenna said.

We got in the office and Sarah turns around.

"I’m sorry I don’t speak B..." I shut the door before she could finish.

I look at Sarah with a disappointed look in my face. “What?" She said loudly.

"Promise me you won’t stoop to her level, please" I ask.

She said "I’ll try, but I won’t promise."

When things went quiet I could hear Jason and Jenna arguing.

“I don’t know why he puts up with her." I said.

"He’s a guy, she's hot what do expect" she said.

She looked at my face and saw I was actually sincere about the situation and said “what ever happened between you and him, I know you guy were close then when Jenna and him started dating I've never seen you two by each other anymore."

"Nothing happened we just had a disagreement and I don’t want to talk about it." I said quickly.

That made me look suspicious, but she saw that topic was touchy so I am hoping it doesn’t come up again. We got our schedules and headed out the office.

“Ok on the count of three we’ll turn it over.” Sarah said.

“No I’m not really in the mood.” I said.

“Come on please it’ll be fun.” She kept on saying. Why not it won’t hurt I guess.

“Ok sure” I said finally.

“Yes, ok ready” she said as she started to count down.

“1” my heart was pounding I wanted to be in all of her class or at least most of them.

“2” it was pounding harder and harder.

“3” as soon as she said it we both flipped our papers violently. The odds were obviously against me getting all the same classes but we had some like Home Room, Spanish and Social Studies. I was in advanced English, Math and Science.

"Awesome were in the same homeroom. so now let’s go there. Where is there exactly?" She asked.

"Umm it said room 304?" I said.

"Yea Where’s that?" she answered.

Then it hit me.

          One of those unforgettable memories that you have, that you don’t know you have because it’s stored under a whole bunch of crap in your head. Remember when talked about Randall the leader of the group well his body was never found at school, in fact his body was never found at all.

            I remember that night in the school before the murder happened I was spray painting a picture on the front of lockers on the third floor when I heard whisper in the men's room I just thought it was my group but then I turned around and saw that my group was in room 304 so I went to check who it was.

          When I went to check who was, I heard Louis and Randall in an argument so I snuck behind the small white wall before you actually get in the bathroom.

Randall said "Don’t do it Louis"

Then Louis came back at him and said "if I don’t he will.”

Then out of all things my phone started to vibrate. I heard a switchblade swing open so I ran out the bathroom and straight into room 304 with the rest of my group which conveniently happened to be right next to the bathroom. I felt the fear I had once felt, as if I was actually there.

"Everybody put your heads down NOW" I said.

They did and we no saw one we just heard running in the opposite direction. Everybody asked me what’s up, so I told them but they didn't believe me.

Then I stopped believing me I thought I was hallucinating. Now look at them all laying down next to each other underground In the town Cemetery.

Reliving the past isn't always fun especially when the past is full of darkness and death, but it’s necessary in some cases like this one to find answers to questions that may lead to something bigger.

"CHASE are you ok?" Sarah yelled.

"Yea what why, awww?" I had a sharp pain in the back of my head.

"You passed out, after I asked where it the classroom was five minutes later chase is on the floor." She explained.

"How long was I out for?" I asked.

"About three minutes, I was about to call for help when you woke up" she said.

"You sure you’re ok" she ask.

"Yea I’m fine, so I was knocked out for three minutes?" I ask.

"Yea, why?" She asked.

"Oh nothing I just wanted to make myself sure." I said.

That’s actually not why. I wanted to know because the memory felt so real it was like I was actually there, it was so weird. It seemed like I was in there for a lot longer time than only three minutes. Did I go into the past or is that just my mind? The bell rang and we didn’t make it to homeroom.

She picked me up and said “Well now to end this awkward moment before kids start coming out, bye see you in two periods for Español.”

Then she ran down the hallway to her next class. There I was stranded, alone in the middle of the hallway full of teens rushing to their next class.