Chapter 1

Something happened to me, I wasn't always like this, a killer. I say something, but I mean someone. I, Ivory Noel Harper, have been detained by hunters and trained to kill my kind. Werewolves.

It started six years ago. Right after my first shift at twelve years old. This strange couple approached me in my front yard, claiming they were there to speak to my parents. When I turned to open the front door they attacked. Knocked me out cold and took me away. I haven't shifted since. My wolf Idira refuses to let them use her form for murdering innocents. I used to be beaten and starved as punishment when I acted out or refused to train with the others. Although my refusals have become less and less over time. In fact I almost enjoy the sensation now, the power I feel when I end the very existence of the race that let me be stolen. I guess you could say I hold a small grudge towards the parents that abandoned me. I was even told they had created a new daughter named Isa. Pretty little thing from the pictures the hunters have brought me. Another thing about the hunters, I'm considered a princess now a days, my participation has earned me much praise and adoration. My new parents, Phillip and Amara treat me as if I was their own, and seeing as they are the lead hunters I get the up most respect. Respect has been earned though, I didn't receive it for nothing. I've been trained to the max, and with my enhanced abilities I am the perfect weapon against the kind that abandoned me.

---------

My eyes adjust to the dimly lit corridor as my soundless steps carry my frame forward. My blood red cape barely reaches the ground and the large hood covers my face nicely. I am dressed to appeal in my standard hunter gear. My weapons concealed and ready to be used. My smile is wicked and my eyes gleam with malacice as I enter the room where the mutt is being held. I inhale the woodsy scent of the she-wolf and chuckle darkly, anticipating the kill soon to come. I scanned over her, she would be considered beautiful if it weren't for the blood covering her naked frame. She had short blonde hair and wide brown eyes. "I don't understand... Why aren't you locked up? Wait. ...you smell familiar...but. " the she wolf mumbled absentmindedly. Halting I tensed and inhaled sharply. Memories flooded my mind of when I was a child, burying my face into my mothers neck when I had nightmares, her scent similar to one of the she wolf. "What pack are you from!" I demanded sharply. My inner wolf pacing, waiting anxiously to hear the answer. "Wildcrest."
Shit. The thought slid across my mind from Idira. Our old pack. Our old home.