Twenty Four; All These Voices

"You'd think he'd understand why I'm willing to do this"

Tabitha touched the elixir bottle and lifted it upright. Elijah looked at her with concern and smiled to her as she returned the smile.

"Why are you?"

"I'm the key to breaking the curse. Klaus is here because of me. If I don't stop him, then he's going to hurt people. It's that simple"

Elijah, impressed by her selflessness and many traits, nodded his head and pursed his lips. He wanted to care for her, he really wanted to kiss her and from her heartbeats, she wanted that too.

"You know, there's a possibility this elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead you"

"I know the chance I'm taking"

Tabitha stepped right in front of him and looked him in the eyes. Their lips got closer, and closer, and even more closer that they were touching slightly. Elijah closed his eyes and stepped back, reminding himself the vow he made to himself.

Tabitha looked at him with hurt at her face and Elijah wanted to apologize and kiss her for million times but they both heard Jenna and Alaric near the front door so they went there in silence.

"Get out!"

"Jenna, Jenna!"

"Get out!"

Jenna had a crossbow had trained on Alaric. Tabitha's eyes were wide open and she was looking at Jenna who was holding the crossbow as she was shaking with fear and anger.

"Jenna, put the crossbow down, okay? It's me!"

"Stay away"

Stefan and Damon also joint them and looked at Jenna and Alaric's position with shock. Tabitha frowned and looked at Alaric.

"What's going on?"

"It's me, Tabitha, I swear, okay? He let me go. Klaus let me go"

"Prove it"

Damon asked to his friend and for the first time one thing had came out from Damon's mouth was making sense. Alaric thought about it a while and then looked at Jenna.

"Okay, uh, first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to-"

"Okay, it's him"

She lowered the crossbow as Tabitha's face turned into a disgusted expression. She really felt bad for her little brother.

"Why did he let you go?"

"He wanted me to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight"

After a while, after a few stolen glances and sighs, all the crew was sitting in the living room as Alaric was explaining everything he had experienced.

"So you don't remember anything that happened?

"No. It's like I blacked out and woke up three days later. Katerina was there"

"She's under compulsion. Damon snuck her some vervain, but she can't leave until Klaus tells her she can"

Tabitha looked around to see where Damon was yet, he was not around. She looked at Jenna who looked at her with a smile.

"Where is Damon?"

"I saw him go upstairs"

She said and Tabitha nodded. She walked to upstairs, leaving Elijah behind. She knew she had feelings for him but if was not going to let her in, she was not going to fight.