(37)

Narrator's POV

The sound of galloping horses are heard throughout the whole area as hundreds of soldiers raced through the almost setting sun.

You particularly spoke to your Commander as a thought suddenly came over to you.

"Commander. I am not quite sure about this, but I think the sound of our horse's would alert the enemy. For all we know they could be hiding at Shiganshina. They we're probably alerted earlier before, Because of the sound of our screams earlier. And They probably already had constructed a plan on interfering with ours.  But they still don't know about me and my titan. They only know about Eren. I want to protect everyone. So, may i have your permission to do so?"

You said as the Commander only looked at you, Hange, and Levi. Then smiled softly and give an approving nod.

"Permission Granted, Emberstone. But please know your timing."

He said as you all continued your way.

....

It was night and it was awfully quiet. Too quiet that it made everyone worried and scared. A few of your squad members are shaking either due to the cold or fear.

But it is more likely fear. Specially with those certain trio.

*Thump!*

*Crash!*

Everyone flinched as you carefully helped the newbie who nearly crashed with the ground. As you are helping him up his feet you cannot help but notice his knees are shaking.

Marco came and assisted the poor man. A look of dread was written on his face. You felt bad for this man. He looked young. You sighed.

"Marco, he can't walk. Let's get him on a horse."

He nodded and went to grab a horse, but was stopped when you heard the man spoke.

"N-no. Please, don't worry about me, Captain. I-i can do this..! I'm.... just shaken up..! That's all!"

He said as his voice cracking at the process. You gave him a nod, before dismissing Marco. He stood beside you as both of you walked behind the others.

A surprised noise came from the front as they lifted their torch and revealed a sleeping titan.

Of course everyone us shocked. But you only look at it uninterested. You told them to move forward and they obliged.

"How come we haven't seen it, until we're up close to it."

You heard one of your comrades spoke. You said nothing as you continued to walk.

"You're awfully quiet, Ernesta."

You shifted your gaze towards Marco. Your Sapphire orbs meeting with his topaz ones. You looked down as you also knew that you are scared.

"I'm just nervous. I-- I don't know what to expect. If I ever lost one of You, I'm afraid I can't bear with the guilt. I wonder if this is what Commander Erwin also feels."

"Yeah, losing a lot of his soldiers the past years--"

He cuts himself looking at your larger form. As you clutches the reins of your horse, in discomfort.

He smiled softly at you.

"Ernesta? Did you remember when we both joined the Corps? Did you remember what I told You?"

"I'll dedicate myself to You, and Humanity. I'll fight alongside of you and everyone."

"I've dedicated myself to You. I swore, that I will follow You, and I will die fighting alongside of you."

Faltered by his words. You remained silent, rather touched by his words. A blush creeping up to your face.

"Everyone,When we go out there, I want you all to pretend I am not here. The enemy is unaware of me. They only knew Eren as a titan shifter, and those two don't even know I am still alive. I'm going to act like a special weapon. However I need to be hidden among you all, Go on with the plan and pretend like I'm not here."

"I'm going to protect you all."

......

[ 🦅Tweetweekaw 🦅]