5. Get Out of My Home

So I had to learn what Nightmare is. It took a long time to soak it in, I mean, learning that Dream is an integral part of our Multiverse's survival and maintenance is one thing. Having to wrap my head around the fact Dream has a brother, an older brother, who tried to kill him and is now, I guess the reason these AUs have Fallen is an entirely other thing. Ink was aware of Nightmare, of course they were, but they just forgot. How do you forget about a hunk of negativity that tried to kill your right-hand-man? This is Ink though... still.

The two, along with the other beings in the God's Compass, had locked Nightmare up, restricted his power and stripped of his title as Spirit of Fear. I wasn't aware this was happening, I don't even know who Nightmare is for fuck's sake. To be fair, I was suffering from severe 'I only want to kill everyone and then myself' so I wasn't all there, but the truce had been established. They should have told me. Any possible chance of a power imbalance should be made clear to, oh I dunno, one of the major gods of the Multiverse. Just a thought.

Currently though, Dream and I sat on the roof of my house, staring into the hollow white abyss of the AntiVoid. Dream still isn't used to the freeze-burn temperatures this place can bring, so he's wrapped his cape around himself. He usually has a blanket, but I tore up all his comforts in a fit of distress rage. His teeth chattered softly, he could handle the cold inside but as soon as he stepped out the door without a few layers he was shivering. I've 'lived' here long enough to exist perfectly fine.

Dream huddled into his cape more, trying to escape the cold as much as he could, but I could see he had relaxed. He's obviously been having a much harder few days than I have, dark circles under his sockets, dull eyelights, his bones no longer had their golden glow and tear streaks covered his face. He admitted to me that his brother is a deep source of trauma and regret. Why though, he wouldn't share. Oh, but I have to share every bit of my life and past so he can help me... it did help... BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

I haven't really talked to Dream, didn't stop him from talking to me, since finding out that a person could cause such destruction, I thought I was the only one. This would be great if I still had the lust for death and mayhem like I used to... things are different. Whatever power Nightmare possesses is dangerous to everybody, himself included. He sounds kinda cool though, he escaped a high security prison. MADE BY GODS. That's cool.

I tuck my hands - they're scarred and cracked over the years of neglected wounds and lack of nutrients - under my coat. My body is cold, much like the AntiVoid, but it's enough to keep me centre.

"You seem stressed, preoccupied with your thoughts?"

"F-F-F-FUck Off-f-f-ff, DrEAm."

See? He keeps trying to talk to me. Dream sighed and shifted closer to me. I turned my body away from him in response. I'm not mad or upset with him more so with Ink and the other lesser gods who knew about and helped with the capture and imprisonment of Nightmare. Actually, I am angry at Dream.

"So, you've finally accepted your anger. Look Error-"

"W-W-Why dId nO OnE tEl-l-l-ll mE?" The sound of soft fabric sliding over each other came from Dream, he must have had his hand raised, "I-I-I-I cOUld hAvE hElpEd, my whOlE thIng Is EntrApmEnt And hOlDInG hOSTAgEs!" I raised my voice, I didn't mean to but seriously, this is frustrating!

"I- I know, of course I know. But..." I looked over to Dream, a snarl and hardened glare directed at him. It fell when I saw the dark expression and shaking eyelights, "we couldn't trust you with something like that. We just- you were so unstable. My brother was enough, he had hurt and manipulated me in the past, I couldn't handle someone else going through what I did. You would have defected to his side, we had only been doing psychiatric therapy for 2 years, you would have fallen for his tricks."