Arc:Re Chapter 10

Chapter 10.

(Synchro)

Diving over the fences and into the harbour's import area, the duo narrowly avoided all the crates stacked around them, with the gang of Duel Chasers hot on their heels.

With his bold driving skills, Yugo managed to dodge and escape the chasers' grasps through leaping off ramps and turning at steep corners, but its effectiveness was short lived as the chasers were able to round the two up from all fours.

"This is the end of the line!" The Chief of the Duel Chasers called.

"Tch, as if!"  Yugo muttered, his eyes searching for an opening for them to break through, till a tug on his suit stopped him.

Turning around, Rin whispered, "We can't keep running like this forever, but I don't plan to go down that easily either, so you in?"

The boy blinked before a switch clicked in his head and he understood his friend's meaning, grinning, "We're outnumbered here, you sure?"

In which the girl smirked, "Am I someone who would get scared over sheer numbers?"

"True," Yugo chuckled.

"Hey! What are you laughing at!" One of the impatient Duel Chasers shouted angrily seeing that they were being ignored.

Returning their attention to the chasers, a mysterious curve spread across both of their faces as they took out their desks, immediately alarming their enemy.

"Stand down!" The chief demanded.

"Like hell we would!" Yugo shouted back, setting his deck into his D-wheel with Rin doing the same with the spare disk they had.

"Then you leave us no choice," The Chief Duel Chaser said furiously, making a hand sign to his men to be prepared.

As the two braced themselves for the gruelling battle ahead of them, a blinding green light suddenly emerged out of nowhere and soon consumed their vision, taking both teens by surprise.

"What's going on?!" Yugo cried in shock.

"I—" Rin erruptly paused when she noticed her bracelet that she's worn since birth was glowing the same green light.

An immediate sense of uneasiness and panic spread through her chest as she tried stretching her hand out to grab her friend, only to come back empty handed, as if her friend had disappeared within thin air.

"Yugo!!" She desperately cried out when she felt her consciousness being robbed from her.

Before her eyelids fell, a familiar voice reached her ear,

"Rin!!!"

**************************************************************

(Standard)

The sound of traffic lights, cars and bustling people all sounded so very distant.

The ground felt soft and moist, sending a tickling sensation to the skin.

The weather was warm and comfortable with a soothing light seeping through the dark little by little.

Slowly regaining consciousness, a girl with short emerald green hair opened her jade yellow eyes that shone brilliantly under the dawning sunlight.

When her mind began to clear and her surroundings became more visible, Rin immediately started to panic silently, realising that she had woken up in a foreign place.

'Where am I?...' She thought as she looked left and right.

Below her was a field of soft green grass with delicate little wild flowers decorating its surface;