23. ᖴᗩᑕIᑎᘜ Tᕼᗴ ᖴᗴᗩᖇ

The preparations for the grand cocktail party were in full swing

The preparations for the grand cocktail party were in full swing. The time was set in the evening around 6 and the party was going to continue until late at night. The theme decided for today was the wedding, of course. Some were decked up in Indian attires while others in English.

The decorations made were top-notch too. The pool stood in the middle with the tables and chairs surrounding it. The counters were set with different kinds of drinks and food. The trees were decorated with different lights. The whole palace was shining brightly as the evening was settling.

Zoey looked in the mirror while giving final touch to her make-up. She wore an off-white sheer hand-beaded kimono dress with a high slit and a sheer tulle godet with a low asymmetrically draped back. It had a deep V-neck making some of her cleavage show. Her hairs were kept in waves and she loved how she looked. Elegant and bold, just the Zoey style. Her attitude was always on point and that look just added to it. Arhaan stood behind and gave her an impressive look while making her chuckle. She checked him out through the mirror.

He wore a black tux suit. His hairs which were little grown were set perfectly. His beard trimmer well. The dragon was peeking through the collar of his shirt and giving him extra sexy vibes. A metallic watch resided in his one hand and Zoey could safely say that he looked sharp. He complimented her well. She got up on her seat and turned to face him. Arhaan smirked at her as he took a few steps ahead and slid his hand through her waist and made its way on her bareback. She giggled when he pulled her closer.

"We need to leave," she said as a smirk formed on her lips. He shrugged. "I don't mind staying here. Nachiket will understand," he said and winked at her. Zoey started laughing while making him chuckle along the way. She shook her head and pushed him away gently.

"I'll just put on the lipstick and we will leave," she said. He smiled and nodded before putting a gentle peck on her chick and making her giggle further.

The couple walked down towards the venue as Zoey's grip on Arhaan's arm tightened. He sighed and looked down at her. "It's going to be fine," he said to give her assurance. She smiled back at him and gave a gentle nod.

She already took that first step to fight against her fears when she decided to come along with Arhaan here but now this was the actual test. She didn't know if she was ready yet but she had more trust in the man standing beside her. She knew if she trembles then he will hold her.

Zoey took a deep breath as they finally walked inside the venue. As expected the gazes turned around towards her and her grip on his arm tightened more. Unexpectedly the first person who gritted them was Rohit who has been working with Kshitij for more than a decade. He gave the widest smile that didn't hold anything beyond mockery.

"Zoey, darling, you look like an angel," she said and came forward for a hug but Arhaan got in the way. He chuckled while taking a step back and looking at Arhaan who gave him a pressed smile.