Chapter 5 - Season two

The next day, I was in my room, trying to figure out how we could fight Thanos from here without getting arrested, and it suddenlt hutted me.
I quickly grabbed my phone and called Rhodes.
"Hey Rhodes" I said when he picked up the phone.
"Ember, is everything alright?" He asked.
"Not really" I said scratching my forehead. "Remember that ship that was in Central Park a few days ago?" I said closing my eyes.
"Let me guess. Tony is there" He said before I could explain to him what was going on.
"You know my dad really well" I smiled.
"I do" He laughed. "What do you need?"
"Cap and the rest are here. Bruce came back and explained that a guy Thanos is looking for the so called, infinity stones. And I need you to talk to the Secretary so we can fight Thanos from here. My dad is in soace fighting him and we can't reach him. We need all the help we can get" I said. He took a minute of silence.
"That was a lot of information" He said. "Bruce, Cap, Nat, evryone is there?" He asked.
"Yup" I said. "Even Vision" I added.
"But he turned his off" He said.
"He appeared again" I said.
"Fine, I'm going there" He said before hanging up.
I went outside my room, and Bucky was coming out of his.
"Hey" He said.
"There is a meeting in the conference room. I got us some help" I said before walking away.
Once evryone was in the meeting, I started talking.
"So, I called Rhodes to help us out" I said from my seat.
"How can you help?" Steave asked him.
"I can call the Secretary" He said trying to convince him.
"I don't think that is a good idea" Nat said nervously.
"Hear me out. Cap, you can talk to him. He will listen to us. Trust me" He said looking at me.
"Come on. It's worth a shot" I said trying to convince the rest.
"Fine" Steave said and I smiled. We all went away from the conference roon and Nat and Wanda imidiatly followed me.
We went up to my room. Once I was in bed, they both looked at me, waiting for me to say something.
"What?" I sighted.
"We are not gonna talk about it?" Nat asked.
"No" I said covering my face with the blankets, but Wanda pulled the out. "I already talked with bith of you" I said.
"But not enough" Nat said.
"Come on, talking will be good for you" Wanda said sitting and the edge of the bed. Nat did the same.
"I just didn't expect him to be here. And it was shocking but right now I don't have time for Bucky. I need to focus in helping my dad and Peter" I said.
"Look, he's not going away any time soon, and you will have to talk to him at some point" Nat said.
"But I don't want to. I'm mad at him. He left me alone after what he did and after Sibiria. He ignored me for three years" I said frustrated.
"Yeah, but we were all fugitives. Mabey that is why he couldn't reach you" Wanda gave me another point of view.
"It just hurts that he left just like that. He didn't even look back. He just walked away" I said. I felt the urge to cry, but this time I didn't fight it. I just let the tears go as my two friends comforted me.
"Do you want us to sleep here tonight?" Wanda asked softly.
"Yeah" I said sniffing. "Thank you"
The two of them got inside the bed with me. I was in the middle of my two friends, her backs touching the sides of my body. I stared at the roof, not having a slight desire of sleeping.
Almost two hours went by like that, and Nat and Wanda were already asleep. I tried to sneak out of the bed slowly, so I wouldn't wane them up. I got off the bed and walked to the door. I stared at Bucky's door before walking away.
I went to my dad's lab and stared at his suits. I started to walk around, trying not to make a sound.
"You miss him?" Steave's voice asked from behind me. I turned around and looked at him.
"I do" I said.
"I miss him too" He confessed, coming closer to me.
"Why didn't you reach out?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.
"Safety" He simply answred. "We couldn't risk it. I think that was the hardest part for Bucky" He explained.
"You saying that is not going to change how I feel about him" I said, ignoring a warm feeling in my chest.
"I know. But you should know" He said. We stayed in silence for a couple of minutes. "Look Ember, what happened that night.." He started saying but I cutted him off.
"You abandoned him. He needed you" I said sadly.
"But Bucky needed me too" Steave defended himself. "I thought you of all people would understand. I mean, you were willing to leave Tony to be with Bucky" Steave added.
"That's different" I said looking away. "What hurted him the most what that you didn't tell him" I said without looking in his direction.
"I'm sorry" He said surrendering. "I am truly sorry"
"You don't have to apologize to me" I said emphasizing the you, and he immediately understood what I ment.
"Come here" He said taking me in his arms. I hugged him tightly as he stroked my hair.
"Thank you for being here Steave" I whispered.