Part 10

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy with exams but I have plenty of time to update now that I'm done.

Hinata's pov
I looked at him, confused. "I like you", he repeated. "Well, so does the entire team so-"
"No not the same as them boke!" He yelled. "What do you mean then?" I asked, having an idea of Kageyama's next words, but I could never be sure until he said them. His eyes started to drip salty tears but he tried holding them back. He mumbled something incoherent. "Huh?"
"I said I love you, Hinata."
I said nothing, so he continued. "You're the one that i have the hanahaki disease for."
At that, I was shocked. He went through all of that pain and suffering because he...loved me?

Kageyama's pov
I said it. Now he's going to be disgusted and hate me forever. I knew it was coming, after all, it's the outcome I prepared for most.

So Hinata's next words made me stop breathing for a second.

"Me too. Not about the hanahaki of course", he chuckled lightly to ease the tension, "but about liking you. Loving you."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It didn't seem real so I brought both hands to my face and slapped my cheeks.
"K-Kageyama!" Hinata exclaimed in a panic.
"Sorry, I just had to check whether I was dreaming or not" I smiled brightly at the shorter male. He smiled back and hugged me, wrapping his small arms around my waist. As I hugged him back, a strange feeling washed over me and the stabbing pain in my chest seemed to vanish into thin air.

My hanahaki was gone. I was still alive. Best of all, I had my tangerine.