Chapter 15: Elisa

I don't know what happened. The one moment I kissed his cheek and then our lips were pressed together. The kiss got so heated that I ended up straddling Kai and pulling at his hair to keep him in place. His hands were on my hips. They started to wonder underneath my shirt and the moment when his hands touched my skin; I felt my entire body come alive with sparks.

I growled when his hands stopped just under my breasts; he gripped my ribcage so tight, any harder and he might break it. He growled back, and then his lips started moving down to my jaw. I threw my head back and his mouth trailed hot open mouth kisses as they went lower and nipped the soft skin on my throat.

I gripped his hair, and in return, his grip on my ribcage went tighter. Every part of my body came alive, and so did my senses. My skin felt sensitive and tight. This wasn't just excitement, but I could feel myself teetering on the edge of self-control.

But I wanted to lose my grip and tumble down and just let it happen.

I pulled Kai's head back and his eyes were glowing, his canines were getting longer. He gave me a toothy grin as his hand snake around the nape of my neck. He pulled me in for another kiss. This one was even more intense than the previous one.

A sudden urge to sink my teeth in him came over me, and I bit his bottom lip. He hissed and pulled back. There was blood, and he looked surprised when he stared at my lips.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I bit you so hard." I winced as I wiped the blood off his lips with my thumb.

He chuckled, "again. Don't apologise for something I like." He leaned in closer, his breath fanning my lips. "Besides. You didn't bite that hard, your canines are sharp."

I pulled back and pressed a finger to my mouth. Sure as daylight, I had canines. It nicked my finger and then I looked at the speck of blood pooling on the tip of my finger.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, still looking at my finger and then at his lip.

He shook his head, "no. Not one bit."

There was a knock on the door, and then Oakley barged in. He froze, staring at us. "Okay." Then he quickly went back out of the room. Kai threw his head back and laughed.

I slapped him on his bare chest, "this isn't funny!" I said, "we're barely dressed and you have blood all over your mouth. This looks like a crime scene waiting to happen." I started to get off from Kai, but he gripped my waist and held me in place.

"Where do you think you're going?" He raised a brow. Everything about him was so perfect. And if I was going to see Kenzie at all today, I needed to get off from Kai and get myself ready. But I just couldn't. Not when he's looking at me the way he is right now.

"To get dressed." It sounded like a question.

"We do have an hour."

"And I need to take a shower."

Kai's blue eyes went stormy, and then the side of his mouth tilted up in a wicked smile. "I need one too." I pressed my lips together to stop the laughter that was about to escape me. He stared at me, waiting for an answer, when I finally burst. When I finally stopped laughing, he eyed me skeptically. "I'll pretend that my ego was not bruised at all."

"I am sorry, you just caught me off guard there." I said as I pressed my lips to his.

He kissed me back and right before the kiss got heated; I pulled back, catching Kai off guard, and finally got off the bed.

"Get back here." He growled playfully as he tried to pull me back towards him. But I had already moved away so that his fingertips barely grazed my hip.

"No, I'm going to shower. Alone. While you make some coffee for us." I said and ran towards the bathroom. I heard Kai's laughter, and it made me smile like an idiot.

So, this wasn't what I expected when I woke up this morning, but I wasn't complaining about it. There was something about Kai that had always drawn me towards him, and I think I finally just gave in and let go of the control I tried to keep. The way he kissed me was not like any kiss I have ever had.

The kisses just made me crave him. I wanted more. No, I wanted everything that he could give to me, and I felt like I was willing to trade my soul to have it.

#

After my shower, I was kind of disappointed that Kai actually listened to me and went to make us some coffee. I sat down in the kitchen, watching as Kai moved around. For the first time I started to realise small things about him.

The way his muscles moved under his clothes, the way he frowns as he's concentrating while just doing the simple task of making coffee.

"Stop staring." He murmured, but I could hear the amusement in his tone.

"I wasn't staring." I lied.

"Hmmm." He said as he turned around, handing me my mug. "As requested. But now I need to get into that shower." He winked at me. My cheeks felt hot. He walked towards me and placed a kiss on my cheek, "at least I'm a better person by inviting you to join me." He said in a mocking tone.

I slapped his arm. "Just go, Kai." I rolled my eyes. He chuckled and gave me another kiss, this time on my lips. Then he abruptly pulled away and winked at me before he left the kitchen. He left me wanting more, and I felt it in every part of my body.

"You too seem cute together." A familiar voice came from behind.

I turned around and found the culprit. "Kenzie!" I squealed as I leaped off the chair and grabbed her around her neck. She laughed as she hugged me back.

"You look really good, like what's your secret? Is it that hot, dude? If it is, then I need me one of those." She said as we continued to hold each other.

"Ha-ha, I forgot how funny you were." I said as I rolled my eyes and let go of her, "you look good yourself." I said as I looked at her. It was true. Something about her seemed different as well.

"I wish," she muttered. "Do I also get coffee or should I google where the nearest Starbucks is?"

I clicked my tongue, "bossy." I said as I went over to the coffee machine and made her a cup. "How's school?"

She groaned as she threw her back, "it freaking' sucks without you. How's non school?" She sat down at the kitchen table.

"Sucks without you."

"Good answer, because if you say that, it was good. I'll hate you and that goes against the bestie code." She gave me a pointed look as I handed her a mug of coffee. "So... Tell me about the hot dude that just walked out of here?" Her green eyes sparkled.

A goofy smile spread across my face, "that's Kai the... He's like in charge of this town. Things have been going slow between us and we finally kissed this morning."

"Just this morning?"

"Yeah, I don't know how things are between us, really. So, no. Stop asking questions that I cannot answer as of now, yet."

"Clever adding that 'yet' there." She smirked as she tossed her red hair over her shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, "whatever." I murmured, "how long are you staying?"

She sighed. "Only for the weekend, or maybe the week. Still deciding."

I gaped at her, "on what?"

"If you're still cool enough to be my bestie."

"I'll let you know that I am the coolest, you my friend." I pointed at her, "are still debatable on that front."

She gasped and pressed her hand to her chest, "ouch."

We both burst out laughing. And it was good to have Kenzie here.