un.

Lily

_________________________________

"Hey can you pass me those sunglasses on the dashboard Lily?"

My bestfriend Lexi says as we drive down the highway making our way to the beach that we once called home.

It was June 25, 2014 and it was officially summer break.

I reach up on the dashboard and grabed her purple sunglasses and put them in her one hand and the other was on the steering wheel. She puts then on and puts both hands back on to the steering wheel.

I roll the window down and put my hand out the window. I can smell the salty ocean and smile knowing that im home.

Lexi and I moved to America when we just turned 18 cause we felt the need to discover new things and see the world. Lexi has been my best friend since I can remember. We've been through everything together and I hope we're best friends forever cause i can't deal with anyone else.

We finally arrive at our cabin right on the beach because our parents were that genarous and rented the cabin for 2 months. We both look at each other and nod and run out of the car and down to the beach. We were smart enoough to wear our bathing suits under our clothes cause were going to basically going to be living in them.

We strip out of our clothes as fast as we can and run into the ocean. I laugh as Lexi falls trying to get out of her shorts but shortly gets back up and runs into the ocean too. I fall back and float untill someone runs into me.

"Hey watch it would you!" I yell at the person behind me as i turn around quickly to be greeted by a red haired boy.

"Oh I'm so sorry i did't see you there." The boy gets back his balance and stands up in the water face to face with me. He looks up and down my body and i almost feel naked. I put my arms around my chest look at him annoyingly.

"Can I help you or something, or are you just gonna stand there?" I raise my eyebrows at him and he makes an "O" shape with his mouth.

"Oh yeah right sorry." He starts to walk away but then turns back around towards me.

"Hey were having this bonfire party tonight on the beach I was wondering if you wanted to come? You can bring your friend too." He points over too Lexi that was too busy talking to some blonde haired boy.

"Um yeah maybe what time?" I ask him.

"Maybe come down at 7 we'll start the bonfire at 9. We usually have one every week or so." He tells me while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah okay we'll be there." I smile up at him still covering my chest cause I'm kinda exposed to him.

"Okay well I guess I'll see you tonight, see ya."d he turns around and swims up to the surface. I look over to Lexi flirting away with some surfer boy with blonde hair.

I laugh at her trying to flirt with him but he looks kinda scared of her.

I get out of the water and ran up to our car and got my bag full of towels out. I took one for me, and one for Lexi cause I guess I'll be nice and get her one. I also grab some sunscreen, my sunglasses and some water and go back down to the beach.

As I'm walking down the hill of sand towards the beach I put our things down. I put out my towel and down and sit on it. I get my phone and text my mom that we got here fine so she stops worrying. I put my phone aside and lay back onto my towel with my elbows supporting my body. I look out at the ocean and breathe in the fresh salty air. Soon Lexi comes running up to me and lays down next to me on her towel.