Prologue

The wind was howling outside like a lone wolf on a full moonlight and the sharp impact of the rain beating against the granitic exterior of the majestic manse might induce one's imagination into a hysterical overdrive.Inside the mansion, a fire cheerfully crackled in the fireplace as a withered old man poured over a thick, black, leather-bound volume which might have been as ancient as the man himself. He pushed his spectacles further up his nose as he scowled at the text in front of him, whatever he was reading clearly was not to his liking. The stillness of the warm, brightly-lit study was broken by the thumping of footsteps against the carpeted floor and the oak door of his study was pushed open with a yelp.

"Grandpa!" a meek voice shouted as a particularly voilent thunder struck across the cloudy night-sky and within moments a crying, whimpering and hysterical mass with raven-black hair was thrown into the ancient man's arms.

"Tom", the old man said affectionately as he caressed the child, "what is wrong, my boy?"

"The th-thunder , grandpa!" the child gasped before quickly covering his ears as another thunder struck.

"Its okay, Thomas. You are with your grandpa now, nothing can harm you."

"You sure?" the child asked not the least bit re-assured.

"Yes, child."The oldman was witty enough to change the subject."Now, where is your nanny? Wasn't she left to look after you?"

"Yes but she went down to the kitchen to get me milk but never showed up."

"Humph", the oldman sighed before saying,"very well then , what do you want to do now?"

"Whatever you were doing", the boy replied politely as his twinkling blue eyes looked up at his granfather, whom he clearly considered his ideal.

"Me, oh!" the old man started laughing, his blue eyes, identical to his grandson's, were now shinning ."I was reading a journal written by a very dear friend but I dare say Tom, it won't make much sense to you."

The boy pouted & crossed his arms, his eyes almost saying 'try me' , but another thunder quickly broke through his composure.

The old man thinking that the journal might effectively distract the 5 year old said,"Okay I'll tell you the story so listen carefully.Once upon a time, a young man by the name of Thomas , yes just like yours, embarked on an exciting journey to a foreign land and his life was never the same........"

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*__*__***_*_*__*_*_*__*_*_*_*__**__*_*__*_*__*_*_*_**_*_*_*_*_*

Hello guys!this prologue is hardly the real story. The story is primarily based in the year 1915 when India was still under the British Rule. And an unexpected and forbidden love blooms between a British officer newly transferred to India and a beautiful Indian rebel. I was looking on net but I didn't found any such story . since, I was really obsessed with the theme I thought Why not write one. Also this isn't a stereotypical Romance story, there are various elements you are going to explore. I hope you enjoy the story. Would love your reviews ... Namaste! ;)