Dafan Mountain I - The Present (4)

Hi, I'm feeling a bit lazy atm so I'll just post it without proofreading my edits...Enjoy! (Also here's a pretty song for you guys to listen to)

- - -

Wei Wuxian could confidently say that the room had now been split into three masses: those sneering at himself, Jiang Yanli and a few unnamed others; those in approval of his shijie's actions, nodding relentlessly and even applauding her; and, lastly, those who were simply indifferent to the matter, sprouting more and more gossip of different origins to their friends.

And him, well, he likes to think that he'd be in the second category. Lan Wangji felt inclined to agree.

Jin Zixuan, however, was pale as a sheet, his face glistening with sweat. He offered a trembling hand to Jiang Yanli, silently, and led her back to their area.

Jin Ling, however, watched her confidently walk in no small amount of amazement, "A-Niang, you're so cool! I want to be like you when I'm older!"

"No, please don't!" the people surrounding could only think helplessly.

Jin Guangyao nervously gnawed on his fingernails, pacing silently as he plotted meticulously, 'Minshan—he isn't here, I've looked all around...But where could he be? Neither are the Wen Dogs that Wei Wuxian oh-so heroically saved. The doctor Wen Qing was resurrected so you'd expect the rest of the group to come as well, however...'

He glanced up instantly, an epiphany striking him suddenly. The tip of his fingernail split. 'Unless...'

. . .

Curiously, Lan Sizhui made his way to the group of disciples that surrounded Jingyi, who was once again fiddling with the mysterious platform.

"I don't trust you with that thing," said one bluntly. "Who knows what you'll make happen now? Step away!"

"What does it say?" another questioned.

"What is that thing?" said a third.

"Is it an immortal?" A Jin disciple asked.

The disciple was suddenly doubling over, clutching their head, for someone had chidingly slapped it with no amount of gentleness. "You idiot, immortals can speak! This is a magical box created by the immortals for us cultivators to use!"

"Ah, I see. How smart, shixiong!"

Once Sizhui had finally pushed past the fray, he asked, "Jingyi, what are you doing?"

The person in question didn't turn around, keeping his focus deeply on the platform. "It's that weird name thing again. This time it says stuff like 'Remnants', 'Yi quartet'—what's that say? 'Moling Founder?'...and much more. What do you think it means?"

Lan Sizhui sighed exasperatedly, "I don't know. Let's not touch anything without A-Die or Xian-ge's permission."

Pink dusted Lan Jingyi's cheeks as he meekly lowered his head, "M'Kay."

Jin Guangyao's eyes widened, staring obsessively at the words displayed on the platform. 'Moling Founder... So it's him.'

Lan Jingyi turned to Wei Wuxian curiously, "Senior Wei, which one should we choose? It looks like nothing will happen if we just leave it..."

Wei Wuxian glanced to Lan Wangji, "Lan Zhan, which one should he choose?"

"..."

Wei Ying then smiled brightly, "Lan Zhan said to do what you want!"

"How does he know that?" Jin Ling murmured. "Hanguang-Jun didn't even say anything.."

Lan Jingyi beamed gratefully, "Thanks!"