Chapter=20

The Ignorance.

I was laying on the dirty ground when I heard shouting again, but I didn't make an attempt to sit since I felt like I was dying not physically, but emotionally. After being in this cage for a week, I still feel suffocated; he didn't come here to free me from this filthy prison; it feels like he completely forgot about my existence; and his actions did not surprise me since I knew something like this would happen at some point.

I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, but when I heard the familiar voice, I jumped up and leaned against the cold wall. I glance across to Charlotte and Nicholas, who are shouting at Xavier.

"We both know this isn't the way to treat her, Xavier." Charlotte shouted, but Xavier remained emotionless, as if he were hearing the most boring thing in his life. What I expected from him was that he would free me from those monsters, but instead dragged me here to another hell hole, and I couldn't help but recollect those dreadful days when I was held hostage by those monsters.

"Charlotte, we talked about it already," Xavier said calmly, but I know it's calm before the storm, and I don't want to see it again.

"Please, Xavier, release her, she doesn't deserve it," Xavier grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"She deserves to be punished," he continued after a little pause.

"She doesn't deserve anything, and you know it, brother," Nicholas said this time, making Xavier even angrier.

"CAN'T YOU BOTH SHUT UP FOR A SECOND, YOU DON'T NEED TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO? SHE IS MY BUSINESS, NOT YOURS, SO LEAVE." I gasped at his icy remarks, I hope he doesn't take out his rage on me. I shudder in terror just thinking about him abusing me.

"Charlotte, let's go, he is not right in his mind" Charlotte furiously shook her head. "But Nicholas..." he shook his head and took her hand in his.

"Let's go Charlotte, you don't need to take stress in your condition." I hope she follows what is been said.

"But..."

"Please," Charlotte moaned and nodded.

"Fine," Charlotte said, looking at me with sympathy, but I quickly turned away since I don't want anyone's pity. I sighed as I saw them leave, and when I glanced at Xavier, he had a look on his face that I couldn't define, but it made me shiver. Why does he give me that look? Is he planning to abuse me as well? I turned away when I couldn't stand his piercing glances, but I can feel his gaze on me. Why is he not leaving? I hurriedly blink back my tears, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of finally tearing me apart. We were silent for another 5 minutes before I heard him sigh and leave. When I heard him leave away, I breathed a sigh of relief. I couldn't be happier right now.

The next two days flew by, with no one appearing except to bring me food. The days pass with the same routine, and as the days pass, I get more enraged with Xavier, and even more enraged at myself for thinking of Xavier as a nice man. He is nothing more than the devil himself. The punishment taught me a valuable lesson: I will not rely on others or believe them. They just want something in return, else they will crash you till you come apart, and I don't want to go through this again. if I ever get out of this hell hole, I'm going to try to escape without worrying whether Brody and Clyde want to kidnap me again. It's enough for me to suffer at the hands of others; I'm not their puppet; I'm my own person, and I'm going to prove it. They don't care about my feelings; all they seek is pleasure from seeing others in their mercy, and I'm done being that person. I was so immersed in thought that I didn't notice my cell was open until I looked up and saw Xavier towering over me with his cold gaze. He never comes here then why is he here? Did he come to kill me? If that's the case then it will be better than being abused. I will die with a smile on my face.