Chapter=7

Spain

Spain

When the sunrise fell on my face from the window, I awoke with a sigh. I attempted to close my eyes, but sleep is nowhere in sight. I sighed and rose from the bed. I entered the bathroom and completed my morning routines before having a warm shower that relaxed and refreshed me. One of the maids was there waiting for me with clothes as soon as I went out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me.

"Thank you," she just smiled and handed me some clothes before exiting the room. My gaze was drawn to the closed door as I hastily changed before taking a seat on the bed. I know it's the closet, but I've never gone inside. Curiosity got the best of me, and I shrugged. When I got inside, I was met by a closet full of men's clothes. When I see this closet, I scowl in perplexity. I believed this was a guest room, but if I'm right, it belongs to someone else. I'm curious about whose room this is and why he's allowing me to remain here.

I was going to peek around the closet when the bedroom door was knocked on. I emerge from the closet to find one of the maids waiting at the entrance.

"Mr. Castillo requests your presence for breakfast," she said as she walked out of the room, but I couldn't help but see her hatred for me. What did I do to her? I scowl at her actions. I thought before walking out of the room.

I made my way downstairs before entering the dining room. I noticed Xavier with a man who was whispering privately. There was no mistake about it: the man was a composed and handsome. When I saw a gun in his palm, I froze. When Xavier came into my room last night, I didn't question him about the gunshot because I was afraid of his response, but something inside of me wanted to know why there was a gunshot within the house and why no one, not even the maids, responded to it. It appears to be a regular occurrence. I took a step backward and slammed with the side table since I couldn't see what was behind me. I flinched once more as they caught me. I'm not sure what they'll do now that they know I was watching them. When he saw my tear-filled eyes, Xavier's eyes softened.

"Harper" He breathed out. The mysterious man looked between Xavier and me, puzzled and amused. I took a step back and shook my head. Xavier swiftly examines the gun and grabs it from the unknown man, tucking it behind his waistcoat.

"There is nothing to be afraid of. We will never inflict you pain." When I heard Xavier's reassuring voice, I exhaled with relief. The handsome man steps forward after seeing me all relief, He extended his hand for a handshake. I gaze at him first, then at Xavier. I don't want to touch anybody; after all I've been through, I don't have the capacity to touch any other man, and I'm not sure how Xavier held me last night without me panicking. Their dirty hands are still on my flesh, making me shiver in revulsion.

"I..." I'm at a loss for words. I gulped and began staring at my feet, making the situation uncomfortable. It's been 2 minutes when I heard Xavier clear his throat. I gazed up at him before turning to face the stranger, who stood with a slight smile on his face and his hands on his side.