Chapter=4

The Phone Call.

I stood naked in front of the huge mirror and saw my condition. My bruises have faded, but my deep scar on my lower abdomen will never disappear; it will always remind me of that horrific incident that I wish to forget. I recall every detail of how I got this scar; it was when I refused to eat that disgusting food. To make me regret, Clyde gripped the sharp knife in his hand and sliced deep into my lower abdomen, leaving this ugly scar. I screamed, and they simply stood there smirking at my pain. Without my knowledge, tears began to stream of their own accord; just recalling what they did to me makes my heart ache about having to go through that torture. I took a warm shower after shaking my head to clear my mind of that dreadful memory. After the shower, I wrapped a towel over my body and walked out of the bathroom to find some clothes on the bed.

True to his words, he sends me clothes that look brand new. I quickly slipped them on and tied my hair into a bun. I began pacing the room after getting dressed.

"What should I do now?" I muttered to myself. I looked at the closed door and I approached the closed door. I hope the door is open.

I twisted the doorknob and its opened. I exhaled in relief. I assumed he would have locked me in this room, but I was wrong, but what if I leave this room and he tortures me as they did? No, I'm on the wrong track; if he intended to torture me, he would not have provided me with a large room with clothing, and he certainly would not have provided me with a medical facility.

'What if he wanted you to get well so he could break you again?' said my subconscious. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

No, he would not do anything like that. I convinced myself and exited the room. I was taken aback by the beauty of my surroundings. I can tell he's a wealthy man. I started walking and got close to the stairway. I made the decision to walk downstairs.

I was lost in thought and missed a step. I tightly clenched my eyes close and waited for the hit, but it never came. A person slipped their arms around my waist, and my gaze met those grey eyes, which glowed with intensity.

"Are you OK?" I sprang out of his arms because of his gruff voice.

"I'm fine," I whispered, staring down at my feet.

"Come on, let's have breakfast," I nodded and started following him. We took our seats at the table. To my relief, the meal was served as soon as we got seated. After being in a coma for several days, I was starving. We were eating breakfast in solitude when I had a thought. I don't want to ask him, but I have to.

"How did you get me here? And why are you taking care of me?" Before responding, he gave me an emotionless stare.

"You'll find out soon," I frowned and looked down at my plate. Why couldn't he tell me the reason? It is making me restless and nervous. I don't know him and I am sure I don't trust him, even though he saves my life from those monsters.

"What's your name?" I quickly glanced up after hearing him ask that question. I just realised I didn't even know what his name was.

"Harper...Harper White" he nodded and continued to eat his breakfast.

"Yours?" I'm not sure whether he'll even say his name to me. But it took me by surprise when he spoke.

"Xavier Castillo," I nodded, and we ate our meal in silent. After breakfast, he rose up to leave. I find myself following his gesture as well. He was going to head upstairs when I decided to speak out.

"Wait," he turned around to face me with a raised eyebrow, and I played with my fingers while looking down.

"Wh...when can I leave?" I waited for a response but didn't hear anything, so I looked up to see if he had left me standing where I was, but I was mistaken; instead, his grey eyes turned dark and he clenched his fist, which made me terrified. I took a step back, unsure of what he would do to me. His eyes softened as he watched my fear.