Chapter 3

I swear this meeting could not take an longer, I mean come on, you are saying the same thing over and over again but in multiple different ways?
God, why did I come to work anyways?

I stare at the presenter, it was Mary's boss, he was explaining how we could make our company better, not like we are the most successful company around here.
I stop paying attention when my phone starts to vibrate in my purse making a loud sound.

I turn around and reach for my bag, searching through all the junk in here, I finally find it, I get up and walk out of the room and back to my office. Since I'm Mary's favorite, I get to leave meetings.

Once I'm in my office I shut the door and answer the phone. I walk behind my desk and sit in my office chair.

" Hello? " I say resting back in my comfy chair.

" Lily, are you going tonight? I got you a dress and shoes you can wear. " seriously? She called me at work to see if I want to party all night?

" Dani... " I let out a frustrated breath and shake my head even though I know she can't see me. " Parties, night clubs, their not my thing " I say wanting to fall asleep right now.

" Come on! Luke is coming " My eyes shot open and I'm suddenly interested in why and how she knows Luke is back.

" Are you with him right now? " I ask quickly, dani and Luke in the same room? Oh god I hope she didn't kill him.

" Well.... " Dani trails off, and here we go...

" Dani?! " I say demanding to know what's going on.

" Okay look, so he came over and he said sorry and one thing lead to another... " Unbelievable... I can't believe she... I can't believe Luke right now.

" Are you saying you slept with... Luke... again? " I ask putting my free hand on my forehead.

" Just a little " Dani says in a small voice. That's her lying voice.

" Just a little? Did you sleep with Luke or not? " I already know the answer but I want to hear her say it, She slept with Luke, and knowing Luke all he wanted from her was sex. I'm going to kill him when I see him.

" Okay fine I did, and oh my god! Lily? What the heck? I'm surprised you haven't slept with him! He is so- "

" Yeah no thank you on details please " I say interrupting her before she says anything else about my best friend and their sex relationship.

" Sorry... but seriously, lily he is so amazing at- " yeah no, don't need details at what he's amazing at, nope.

I hang up the phone before she can finish whatever she was going to say. I really don't need the details. I sit back in my chair and look up at the white ceiling.

He slept with her... Again ~~~~~~~~~
~~~~Why do I care anyways though?
~~~~~~~~Luke is my best friend....
~~~~~~~~~~Luke's my best friend.....

~•~

After work I went home.
Dani was gone, I could tell right when I walked in our apartment, her purse is gone off the counter.

I close the door behind me and start taking my scarf off. I set it on my table with my bag and jacket. I turn around and head to my room. The wood floors creak under my footsteps as I walk towards my door.

I walk in and sit on the bed, I start taking off my boots and place them on the ground. I stand up and take off my sweater and pants.

" Love the new black bra "
I literally jumped out of my skin.