chapter 4. burns

-zip's pov-

I woke up and saw that Katie had went to work, but I felt like I was alone. I saw that one the clock it said 9:34am, damn I was late. I went to captain zero, and he informed me that we had to work with munitions. I hated that job cause of bluenose, so I got to work. Later I saw Katie sitting on a bench outside of the hospital, she had free flowing was long. It reached to her elbows, "oh hi zip" she said waving at me. We had a little talk about work and stuff like that, I told her bye and went back to work.

11 hours later...

-zug's pov-

The munitions were finally put away and hauled to the ship Kraka-toa, the job with handling munitions was a so dangerous. That a little slip up can mean disaster, everything was fine until. The naval tug bluenose came in, shit. With saying stuff like "Awdahs is Awdahs", I remembered last time he was boss. The whole harbor looked like something out of a Michael bay movie, but he was ordering the others and being an ass. When he bumped into I had some flammable material in my hands and I dropped the crate containing the material, and a fire was caused. High winds caused the fire to spread, the building next to us was burning. Zip saw that a support beam was about to fall on me so he pushed me out of the way, but the beam fell on him.

-Katie's pov-

As I was sitting down on a bench outside of the hospital, thinking of what to do after work. I saw one of the EMTs about to get in an ambulance, but I could see why. The port was on fire, I got in the ambulance even though I'm not a paramedic And rushed to the port. When I got there fire was everywhere and stuff was exploding, but I saw someone familiar. Zip! He was trapped under a beam.

-zip's pov-

As I was coughing and wait for death to come, I saw a black cat it was Katie. She kicked the beam off of me, my hands hurt cause I tried to push off the hot beam. And they got burnt, but as Katie was gonna ask if I was okay. I heard a "BANG" it sounded like a gun shot, the next second I knew she was on the ground. With blood trailing from her leg, then I can see why I heard that gun shot. The crate of bullet was on fire and were causing the bullets to explode, the smoke was choking me. My hands were burnt and blistered and Katie got injured, I didn't want the only person who was respectful to be to die. From either burns or smoke inhalation, but I saw a gas mask on a clothes hook. I gave the mask to her and told her to hold on to me, alarms were blaring all round us. I ran through the flames, getting burnt and blistered. Munitions were exploding all around me and Katie, I could hear her breathing in pain. I was almost to the ambulance when a crate of explosives blew up behind me, I dropped Katie and she hit the ground and the last thing I could remember. Was dropping Katie, and then everything turning to black.

-katie's pov-

When I sat up through the gas mask eye pieces I saw zip, unconscious but not dead. I tried to give him some medical attention but the pain in my leg prevented me from walking towards him, he was hauled away in a ambulance and went to the hospital. I got into the ambulance with him, the poor guy looked like he was going to die.

-zip's pov-

Katie was worried about me, cause of the injuries. But I was going to touch her hair, when I had a mask put on my face. Then everything went to black, what happened?