forty-two

She couldn't peel her eyes away from the ring. "This fell out of the coat, where should I put it?" She heard her intern ask her the question, once, twice, three times before Wendy rushed in.

"Chaeyoung! Chaeyoung it's okay, we'll figure it out. I'm taking over for doctor Park." Still Chaeyoung hadn't said a word. She was always good in a crisis, always had been. "We don't know that this is her Chaeyoung." Wendy tried to get a look at the woman's face but it was lacerated beyond recognition.

"It's her jacket, it's the ring I bought her." Wendy took a quick look back to see the ring that Chaeyoung was holding. It hit her like a truck and she wasn't sure why she hadn't checked before. "Her right arm! Check her right arm!" She yelled into the chaos of the room.

The other doctors got the jacket off and check her arm. What happened next had Chaeyoung running around of the room faster than she ever had.

XOXO

"Chaeyoung are you okay?" Came the husky voice as the door Chaeyoung had been incessantly banging on finally opened. Without thinking about the fact that she was covered in blood she wrapped her arms around the woman standing in front of her. She felt strong arms wrap around her and she had never felt so much relief in all her life. "Come on, let's get you inside." Chaeyoung didn't let go of her grip around Lisa's neck as she was carried inside. She heard the door close behind her as Lisa flipped on a small light. "You're covered in blood, are you okay?" Still Chaeyoung couldn't answer. It was then that Lisa noticed what Chaeyoung was carrying. "Where'd you find that? Someone stole it last night from the coffee shop."

"What?" Chaeyoung finally spoke, shaking her head, trying to get herself to come back to reality.

"My jacket, someone took it off the back of my chair last night when I was having coffee with Hyeri before she went to work."

"A woman, came into the E.R. A motorcyle accident she was wearing it, I thought it was you."

"So the blood's not yours?" Lisa's hands were gently cupping Chaeyoung's cheeks.

Chaeyoung shook her head, finally looking down at herself. She was still in her scrubs and in fact covered in blood. "It's not mine, once I figured out it wasn't you I ran here."

"Okay, come on, lets get you cleaned up. I'm safe and I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." Lisa kissed her forhead and held her close for a minute.

"No, please don't let go."

With a nod, Lisa took her cut up jacket from Chaeyoung's hand and threw it onto a nearby chair before picking the blonde up and carrying her into the washroom. She set her down and turned on the shower. In all the years they had known each other Lisa had never seen Chaeyoung like this.

"Arms up my love." Chaeyoung followed Lisa's instructions and raised her arms as the brunette pushed her scrub top up over her head. Dropping it on the floor she helped Chaeyoung get out of her pants before helping her with her out of her underwear. Lisa reached her hand into the shower, checking to make sure the water temperature was okay before getting Chaeyoung in. It didn't take long for any remained blood to wash off the blonde.

A second later Lisa stepped into the shower behind the other woman and wrapped her arms around her waist. "I'm right here baby, it's okay."

Turning around in her arms Chaeyoung looked into dark brown eyes. "I love you too."

XOXO

New York- A couple of weeks ago

"Thank you for coming with me. It meant the world to me and I know how hard it is for you to take time off work." Lisa rambled slightly as her and Chaeyoung stood on Chaeyoung's doorstep.