two

"You're in Laguna." It wasn't a question, Lisa was hoping that if she said it out loud enough that her brain would process that Hyeri was, in fact in Laguna Beach. Hyeri nodded slightly, a fire burning in her eyes that Lisa knew she didn't want to ignite any further. "What finally brought you here?" It wasn't what she really wanted to say but it was the only thing that came out. In all actuality she knew what, or rather who, the reason was that finally brought her west. It was that thought that she was trying to avoid.

Hyeri shook her head and clenched her jaw. There were so many things she wanted to say but she knew Chaeyoung wouldn't approve of more than half of them. "I got a job offer in L.A." A pause. "You know what, screw it. I don't owe you anything. You told me you were going to propose, not break up with her."

XOXO

4 Years Ago

Hyeri was sitting in the kitchen when she saw Lisa's name show up on her caller I.D. "Hey Lis what's up? You know Chaeyoung's at the hospital, right? I still haven't killed her."

Lisa laughed at the way Hyeri answered the phone, she was always straight to the point. Lisa figured it was the New York way, and she happened to like it. "That's why I'm calling you now but it'd be much easier if you let me in and we could speak face to face."

Before Hyeri could process exactly what Lisa had said she heard a knock on the door. She got up so quickly that she nearly tripped over the chair she had just pushed back. She pulled the front door open so quick she nearly put a hole in the wall behind it. Sure enough, she found a smiling Lisa standing in front of her.

"Well holy shit. Look what the cat dragged in." Lisa rolled her eyes.

"It's only been three months, that's not that long."

Hyeri raised an eyebrow. "You deal with a mopey 'I miss my girlfriend' Chaeyoung for a week and see how long three months really is. She didn't mention you coming in though. Where are your bags?" Hyeri leaned her head into the hallway and saw nothing.

Lisa rolled her eyes as she moved into the apartment. She took a deep breathe in, remembering the exact way the apartment smelled. She knew it was a little weird but it sort of felt like coming home. "That's because she doesn't know that I'm here. I came to see you."

Hyeri pointed at herself. "Me? Why? What did you do?"

"I haven't done it yet because I wanted your opinion on it first."

The shorter brunette's eyes went wide. "Where is it? Let me see it right now Lisa Manoban."

"See what?"

"The ring Lisa, let me see the damn ring!"

Lisa laughed and rubbed the back of her neck. "You are too smart for your own good, how did you know?"

Lisa received a pointed look as she sat down at the kitchen table. "I've known you for a while now and you aren't as hard to read as you would like to think, so come on let me see it."

"That's actually why I'm here. I wanted your help picking it out. Well, more of your opinion, I think I know exactly what she wants but your feedback would be beneficial."

"Me? What about Jisoo?"

Lisa smiled at Hyeri's comment, knowing that Jisoo was Chaeyoung's best childhood friend. "I asked Jisoo, she gave me her blessing and so did Clare but you're the closest to her, you see her the most, and dare I say you know her almost better than I do."

"So you what... Want to go ring shopping?" Lisa nodded. "I am all for spending your money and depending on what you pick out we'll talk about you actually giving it to her. When do you want to go?"