(day 10) for the polysexuals!

yayyy day ten of pride month~!

FOR THE POLYSEXUALSSS WHO HAVE A VERY PRETTY PRETTY FLAG

what is polysexuality, if you're unsure? :)

The prefix "poly" means many, and polysexual individuals are attracted to people of multiple genders. People who identify as polysexual often use that word because it suggests a greater variety of sexual orientations than traditional gender binaries of male and female, or hetero- and homosexual.

yuuhhh polysexuals get into it (i'm so sorry i'm not okay)

don't get this confused with polyamorous, which will have its own chapter soon! both start with the prefix "poly" which we know means 'many', however they are different! so if someone says they're poly maybe you should politely ask for clarification if you need it. make sure not to offend them tho but if you're awkward/weird like me maybe just steer clear of asking

their flag is so pretty! i love the colors a lot but what does the flag mean?

The polysexual flag has three stripes, pink representing attraction to women, green representing attraction to non-binary people, and blue representing attraction to men.

that's pretty simple and cool right? this might remind you of the pansexual flag/sexuality.

and what is the difference between pan and poly(sexual)?

The prefix 'pan' means 'all', as in 'pansexuals are attracted to all genders'. Pretty simple. The prefix 'poly' means 'multiple' or 'many', as in 'polysexuals are attracted to multiple genders', though again, not necessarily all. I had it explained to me as "[They're types] of bisexuality, like how a square is a type of rectangle." That is to say, both pansexuality and polysexuality are under the bisexual umbrella.

hopefully that makes sense! any questions just throw it into the comments and hopefully someone (or myself) can assist you to the best of our abilties

very fun fact: all polysexual people are accepted, safe, supported and loved here. <3

hopefully you learned something new about polysexuality today!

sO BE POLY AND PET SOMEONE'S BORDER COLLIE (because dogs r cool)

tag ur polysexual friends and/or give them a hug today