Chapter 4

(y/n) POV

"I won now tell me what you know!" I demanded, "You're right, a deal's a deal. I dueled your sister once. Her deck was different back then. This was long before she was a pro. The duel wasn't anything special, I crushed her easily. What was memorable was what she said after the duel." Mama said, "I'm gonna be even greater than you and everyone else in this world." she said, "Those words hit an accord with me. But what was far more memorable was the baby she had with her. You." she said, "After that, I kept an eye on her progress, but never got a chance to meet her again. I'm sorry it's not what you wanted to hear, but I promise it's the truth." she said as she hugged me. "M-Mama." I said as began to cry, "Aw that's a shame. All that beautiful hatred snuffed out just like that." a woman said, "WHO ARE YOU?!" Mama shouted as she pulled me behind her, "That's not important, all you need to know is we are very invested in his progress and in a certain card he possesses." the woman said before she vanished. "(y/n) are you alright?" Mama asked, "Y-Yeah." I said softly, suddenly my duel disk began to crack before it shattered making Mama sigh, "We really need to invest in a decent duel disk for you. You know what, let's go get you your first real duel disk." she said.

Mai POV

I took (y/n) to a store called Kame Game, "Mai?" someone said as we entered the shop.

"Yugi?" I said, "It's great to see you again Mai. What brings you to my Grandpa's shop?" he asked, "Well I'm here for my son. We're looking for his first duel disk." I said, "Well you're in luck we happen to have a few in stock. We even have the latest model." he said as he went in the back. "We're lucky, one of my friends was here." I said (y/n) didn't say anything. He hasn't said a word since I told him what I knew, "Sweetie, is everything alright?" I asked he shook his head, "Honey, talk to me! I can help!" I said, "And here we are." Yugi said as he sat a brand new duel disk on the counter.

"This model is great for everyone since if it doesn't fit properly you can get it refitted for free

"This model is great for everyone since if it doesn't fit properly you can get it refitted for free." he said, "That's wonderful, but I think it might be a bit pricey." I said as he walked around the counter, "Hi there. What's your name?" he asked, "(y/n)." I said, "Well (y/n) do you like that duel disk?" he asked, (y/n) nodded, "Well I'll make you a deal. If you can at least hold your own in a duel against me you can have it. But don't think I'll take it easy on you." he said (y/n) smirked, "You're on." (y/n) said.