Prologue

Mai POV

I was asked to fill in for a judge who couldn't attend a local tournament. So far there were very few duelists who had any notable skill. "ALRIGHT, IT'S TIME FOR MY ULTIMATE MONSTER! By tributing my Hardened Armed Dragon's I can summon my White Night Dragon!" a boy said as he summoned his monster. 

"While my dragon's on the field you can't target him with your spell and traps

"While my dragon's on the field you can't target him with your spell and traps. Next, I'll play my Tribute Trade spell card! By sending my Berlineth the Firestorm Vassal to the grave I can add a monster who's one level higher! And I'll add my Lord of D. to my hand!" the boy said, "I'll end there for now." he said, "I-I set a monster and end my turn!" the boy's opponent said, "THEN I DRAW! Now I summon Lord of D. and play Flute of Summoning Dragon. Now I'll special summon two more White Night Dragon's. You shouldn't have underestimated my deck like you did. WHITE NIGHT DRAGON ATTACK! WHITE LIGHTNING!" the boy said as he drained his opponent's lift points with his dragons winning the tournament.

"Thank you for loaning me your duel disk." The boy who won the tournament said as he returned the duel disk he was using to its owner, "Hey kid why didn't you use your own duel disk?" I asked, "Cause I don't have one. I don't really have a deck either, this was my sister's before she disappeared." the boy said, "What's your name kid?" I asked, "(y/n)." he said, "Well (y/n) where are your parents?" I asked, "I don't have those either." He said softly, "Oh I'm sorry, tell you what how about I buy you lunch to celebrate you winning." I said.

"Thanks for the food!" (y/n) said happily as he began eating, "(y/n) do you mind if I take a look at your deck?" I asked, "Sure thing." he said as he handed me his deck. I took one look at his cards and it was a wonder how he won at all. "Sweetie, these cards..." I said, "I know they're bad, but they're all I've got." he said, "Well I think I can help if you'd like." I said as I handed him some cards I came won over the years, "I think you could use them more than I do." I said, "Really? But these are super rare cards!" he said, "Really." I said, 'I feel bad for him, this kid has nothing but that deck. I wish there was something I could do to help him.' I thought, "Hey (y/n) care to duel?" I asked, "But I don't have a duel disk." he said, "That's alright we'll just use the cards and the table." I said, "Let's make this interesting with a bet. If I win you let me change your life, and if you win I'll give you anything you want." I said, "Sounds like a deal." he said as he finished editing his deck, "I'll start by playing Amazoness Tiger in attack mode and end my turn." I said, "Then I'll draw and special summon my Berlineth the Firestorm Vassal, next I'll tribute my Berlineth the Firestorm Vassal to summon my Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch." he said, "Now I can pick one card in your hand for you to discard and if it's a monster you take one hundred points of damage times its level, and I pick the middle card." he said, "Good choice, you selected my Amazoness Queen. So I take six hundred points of damage." I said, "I'm not done yet cause Thestalos attacks your tiger! So you take another nine hundred points of damage." he said, "Alright kiddo I draw. I'll play Monster Reborn and bring back my Amazoness Queen, next I'll play Amazoness Village along with Amazoness Paladin." I said, 'I could fusion summon, but I don't want to crush him.' I thought, "I'll attack with my Queen destroying your Thestalos. Next, my Paladin attacks. 1800 life points left, it's not looking too good for you." I said as I played a face-down card, "We'll see!" he said as he drew a card, "I'll play this, my Restoration of the Monarchs to bring back Thestalos, but he won't be sticking around cause I tribute him to summon Thestalos the Mega Monarch." he said, "Now I can look at your hand and send one card to the grave, and if its a monster you take two hundred points of damage times its level." he said as he sent my Unfriendly Amazon to the grave, "And the pain keeps on coming! Since I used a fire monster to summon Thestalos you take 1000 additional points of damage for a grand total of 1800 points of damage!" he said, "Not bad kiddo." I said, "But sadly not good enough, I activate the trap card Raigeki Break, by discarding one card I can destroy one card you control. Ind I'll destroy your Mega Monarch." I said, "I end my turn." he said nervously, "I draw." I said, "I think it's time to end this. I play Polymerization and fusion summon Amazoness Empress." I said as I played my card.

" I said as I played my card

"Now Empress attack. Imperial Sword Strike." I said, "And with that, I win." I said, "Man! And I thought I was gonna win for sure after I summoned my Mega Monarch!" (y/n) said, "It was a close match, but with enough practice, you'll be able to beat me easily." I said, "Well you won so you get to change my life, whatever that means." he said, "What that means is I'm going to adopt you." I said, "Wait what?!" he said in shock.