Chapter 2

(y/n) POV

"And now I'll special summon my White Night Dragon!" my sister said I could feel the cold radiating off the dragon of ice, "Now freeze. WHITE NIGHT DRAGON ATTACK! FREEZING FLAME!" she shouted, "It's over for you." she said as I looked up at her, I couldn't see her face clearly, but I could clearly see that one of her eyes had turned red.

"SIS!" I said as I woke up, "(Y/N) STOP SHOUTING!" Mama shouted from the kitchen, "Sorry!" I said.

Mai POV

It's been over a month since I adopted (y/n), he's started calling me Mama, every night he'd have the same dream about his sister. "I'm gonna go now!" (y/n) said as he tried to run past me, "Hold it." I said, "Here's breakfast, and here are a few books I want you to read and finish by the time you get home." I said as I handed him his lunch, a lunch box with his breakfast, and the easy read books I wanted him to read, "Alight! Bye!" he said as he left, "I wonder why he keeps dreaming about his sister?" I said as I got on my computer and put on my glasses. I tried to find any information about my son before I adopted him. I came across a news article about a suspicious house fire that led to the deaths of two people, (y/n)'s parents. The two children who survived went on to live in a small apartment belonging to the older sister who was seventeen at the time and supported herself and her infant brother through dueling. After six years she became a pro, shortly after winning a world tournament due to her opponent forfeiting, she vanished without a trace. "So his sister was Lilly Rose." I said as I looked at a picture of her.

"Says here she had a gen2 duel disk and that before she vanished she said that no one has seen her ultimate monster, not even her baby brother

"Says here she had a gen2 duel disk and that before she vanished she said that no one has seen her ultimate monster, not even her baby brother." I said.

(y/n) POV

"Hey look it's (y/n). I heard that his sister vanished one day, my dad says she just ran away like a coward." a boy said, "What did you just say?" I said coldly, "Oh did you hear that? I said she was a coward and so are you." he said, "Say what you want about me, but mock my sister...and I'll pulverize you!" I said angrily, "Do your worst!" He said I was about to punch him when someone stopped me, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Why don't you settle this with a duel." a man said, "Who are you?" I asked coldly, "The name's Joey Wheeler." he said, "One problem I don't have a duel disk." I said, "You can use the spare I have. It's a gen2, but I still like my classic duel disk." He said as he handed me a duel disk.

"T-This is just like the one my sister used!" I said as I equipped it and inserted my deck, "Fine then I'll go first!" the boy said, "To start I'll play this, my Hierarchy of Dragons spell card! This card not only turns all your monsters into drag...

"T-This is just like the one my sister used!" I said as I equipped it and inserted my deck, "Fine then I'll go first!" the boy said, "To start I'll play this, my Hierarchy of Dragons spell card! This card not only turns all your monsters into dragons, but I can choose one monster type and all dragon monsters are unable to attack monsters that are that type. And I choose fairy!" he said, "Next I'll play my Goddess Skuld's Oracle spell, but it won't be staying cause I send it to the grave and special summon Valkyrie Sigrun! My valkyrie hates being alone so she can invite another level eight or lower Valkyrie to join her when she's special summoned! So say hello to Valkyrie Erda!" he said, "I'll end there." he said, "Yikes Valkyries, I've gone up against them before, while they might look pretty they're anything but." Joey said, "I DRAW!" I said, "I play Hand Destruction! We both discard then draw two cards." I said, 'Just what I needed!' I thought, "I play Restoration of the Monarchs! So welcome back Granmarg the Rock Monarch! But he won't be around for long cause I sacrifice him to summon my White Night Dragon!" I said, "But you need to sacrifice two monsters to summon that!" the boy said, "Thanks to my Restoration of the Monarchs my Granmarg counts for two sacrifices!" I said, "Next I'll special summon Hardened Armed Dragon in defense mode by sending one level seven or higher monster from my hand to the grave. Next, I'll play Doubble Summon, and summon Snow Dragon!" I said, 'How will I beat his duo of doom?' I thought, 'Are you worthy of my power?' a voice asked inside my head.

Joey POV

It wasn't looking good for (y/n), suddenly he started laughing, "I might have been intimidated by your Valkyries before, but not anymore." (y/n) said as his eyes turned red, "I play Monster Reborn! Every warrior serves a master and your Valkyries are no exception! And I can't think of a better master than a queen adorned in jewels of ice! RISE WHITE NIGHT QUEEN!" he said as his monster appeared, "Now I'll play Raigeki and destroy your monsters. But I'm not done there I banish my three dragons to fusion summon my ultimate monster!" he said, "Locked away for eternity in another dimension she plots her revenge. Now come forth and rain destruction on my enemies! Come forth Trishula the Dragon of Icy Imprisonment!" he said as his monster appeared.

I could feel the cold air radiating from his monsters, it was almost as if they had become real, "Because she was summoned using monsters who were originally dragons I can banish three cards

I could feel the cold air radiating from his monsters, it was almost as if they had become real, "Because she was summoned using monsters who were originally dragons I can banish three cards. One from the top of my deck, one from the top of your deck, and one from your extra deck." he said as he banished the cards, "NOW MY QUEEN ATTACK! ROYAL FREEZE!" he said as his monster attacked, "Now Trishula it's your turn." he said, "Her flames are so cold they burn and you're about to feel those flames first hand! ATTACK WITH FREEZING FLAME!" he shouted as his monster attacked, everywhere the flames touched froze over and once they hit (y/n)'s opponent frost formed on his skin and hair before he was sent flying into a fence freezing him there, suddenly (y/n) passed out, but before he could hit the ground White Night Queen caught him and gently sat him down before disappearing. "I'll take you, home kid." I said as I looked at the address that was on his lunchbox.

I took (y/n)to the apartment that was listed and knocked on the door, "Yes?" a familiar voice said as the last person I expected answered the door, "MAI?!" I said, "JOEY?!" she said, "(y/n)!" she said worriedly, "He and some punk got into a duel, and after he won he passed out." I said, "Really?" she said as she took (y/n), "Yeah, it was after he fusion summoned without a polymerization." I said, "But that's not possible, he doesn't have an extra deck." she said as I handed her (y/n)'s deck and on top was a blank fusion monster card.