Chapter 6

"Why don't you let me drive, hot shot."

The Nightwatcher looked up from the few tweeks he was fixing on his ride. Becca was leaning against the brick wall of the alleyway. She wore her flannel shirt tied up in a knot in front of her with her sleeves rolled up to her elbows and her dirty white tank top underneath. She wore ripped up jean shorts and the usual torn up combat boots. Her bangs were tied up behind her head while the rest of her dark hair rested over her shoulder. She wasn't much of a tan model. But the vigilante thought she could be if she got a hot tan. But she was pale as paper due to living underground. When the Nightwatcher asked her when was the last time she went to the beach, she only said she went once in her lifetime. The vigilante told her she was crazy, even though he's only gone once in his lifetime as well...

He wore a shocked expression under the helmet. "You drive a motorcycle?"

"Sure do. And I've done a bit of joy riding under my family's nose." She smirked proudly.

He chuckled, but inside, he was shocked, angry, and confused at the thought of how the hell did Becky squeeze in joy riding in the mix of her secret second life besides the dude ranch.

"Nice try." He huffed playfully, "But I prefer the driving."

"Aw don't be such a man." She whined with a grin.

His helmet clinked when he shook his head while he stood. He wasn't going to admit to her that the reason he'd prefer to drive was that he liked the view of her and her peaceful persona in his review mirrors.

"Don't think I'm a full grown man just yet." He joked.

"Really, how old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"Huh. Same age as me and my brothers." She bit her bottom lip with a grin.

'Yeah some odd coincidence.' He thought to himself.

He brushed the seat of his motorcycle. "So about those lessons you promised me."

"Right." She rolled her eyes. "My kung-fu skills."

"Isn't that what you call it?"

"It's called ninjitsu." She giggled.

He didn't exactly hear her as he absentmindedly traced his finger over the handles of his bike. She noticed the distant look in those barely visible gold eyes under that helmet and huffed.

"Yo, Nighty. You alright?" She asked.

He perked up and scoffed, "Fine. Just had an argument with my own brother last night."

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow, unraveling her crossed arms as she stepped forward. "Me too. Well, my brothers and my so-called boyfriend."

"Didn't you break up with that jerk?"

"Sure. Last night. He practically announced it to everyone last night. He walked out on all of us. Saying he 'quits' and stuff cause we wouldn't do what he wanted."

He was quiet for a second, not meeting her eyes, "So you call that a break up?" He asked sort of rudely.

She frowned, eyebrow still raised suspiciously. "So what happened between you and your brother?"

Again, he stood silent and finally scoffed, "You know, I don't think you should teach me today. I got a lot on my mind so I think I'll head home."

She shrugged, even though she felt a little hurt inside. "Fine." She returned back with a rude comment. She spun around to walk down the alleyway, the gravel making noise underneath her boots.