Chapter 1

TRIS

I wake up in a small room at the Bureau. The room must be an operating room because I have a heart monitor on me and there are a bunch of needles and a whole lot of medicines.

I question myself to know what is happening and why I'm here but than a man walks in and my  old thoughts disappear. He looks very shocked to see me. I can see his eyes lit up and his body tensed.

"You're awake!" he said. his voice loud. I look at him confused.

"ya?" I say. My thoughts are coming back to me. "how long have I been asleep for?"

"I don't think I should be the one to answer that question. Im just here to get some files"

"Well who can I talk to, to give me an answer?" I sound annoyed but I don't care, I want to know how long I have been in here for.

"U-Uh hold on I'll go get someone."

That doctor or whoever he was, leaves the room and I'm by myself for about 7 minutes. I hear the same man talking to someone outside the hallway.

"Did you say anything to her?!" A woman's voice says on the other side of the door. The woman sounds familiar but I can't quite figure it out who it is.

"No, she asked me a question and I told her I'll get someone to answer her." The man says

"Okay good. Thank you, John."

The woman walks in and it's Nita. All I wanna do is give her a dirty look because she's always flirting with Tobi- TOBIAS! Where is he?!

I slowly remember my memories; entering the lab to stop David from spreading the gas that would wipe out peoples memory's. Then it hit me! I'm supposed to be dead. I am dead. I remembered when I stoped David at the lab, that he shot me and I started to hallucinate and talk to my mother. I forgave myself for all of the things that I did to the people that I care about and myself. How am I alive? How is this even possible?!

"Hello, Tris" Nita said. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling alright but I will feel a whole lot better once someone tells me what is going on?!" I said. "I'm supposed to be dead. Why am I awake?"

"You weren't dead. You were in a coma." Nita said

"For how long?"

"Are you sure you want me to answer that?"

"Yes! For god sakes , how many times do I have to say it!" Why can't they just tell me already?

Nita sigh's. "You have been in a coma for 2 and a half years."

My eyes widen and i can already feel the tears coming. i manage to stop the tears to roll down my face but my heart is being sunk to my stomach and I can't breath. So many thoughts are going through my head but their is one only one that I can really focus on and that is Tobias. He thinks I'm dead. He thinks that I have been dead for over two years. The thought goes in deep and the tears are coming back harding and this time i let them fall down.

"Tris, it's going to be okay." Nita said

"How am I going to be okay!" I yelled "I just missed two years of my life, two years that I could have been with Tobias! with my friends! It's not okay!"

"But at least you can see them again."

My heart stops for a moment. I can see then again?! "Where are they?" My voice sounds harsh.

"They are back at Chicago. Once everyone thought you were dead, they couldn't stay here."

"But how were they allowed to go back? I thought you people here wouldn't let us leave?" I said

"Because of you, you showed us how vile David was and how he was planing something so bad that at the end would affect us all; but you saved us Tris, and for that we are letting you free."

My face turns red and I can't help but get up from my hospital bed and I slap Nita across the face. "You knew David was bad from the beginning and you let him attack my home because you knew at the time that it wouldn't affect you but once you realize he didn't care about you too, that's when you decided to help!" She's on the ground stund, I look at her face, already seeing the bruise forming on her cheek. I didn't expect my slap to be that hard since I just woke up from a coma but I don't regret one bit of it.

I look at John who is standing there in shock. I look back at Nita and tell her that I'm leaving now to go back to Chicago. She runs after me to tell me something.

"You can't leave just yet. We need to make sure that you're save and no one will come after you." She says with her breath shaky.

"What do you mean?" I ask "I thought that because I saved you guys that I'm save to go?"

"Yes but their are still some people who were working with David that is bad and are still on the louse. So we told everyone that you are dead so they won't come looking for you. We made a life doll of you, with your DNA in it and told everyone that you are not alive." I'm so shocked that no words are coming out of my mouth. "Everyone believed it, including your friends. few months ago they came here to get your ashes; we gave it to them so they won't come back. We did that because we were trying to make you safe and your friends safe."

"They are my family! They need to know that I'm alive."

"They will. Once we get the news that you are safe to leave the Bureau, I'll have my team to take you back to Chicago."

"How long will that take?" I ask

"I don't know but it won't take long. I suggest that you stay in your room and we will come back with new cloths and food."

I nod. Once I'm about to walk back to my room I ask Nita one last question. "Is David still alive?"

"Yes, but I don't think you have to worry about him anymore. He lost all his memory to the
Memory serum and he's not planing on taking you and your love ones down."

The thought of David who is still alive makes me furious but like Nita said, I shouldn't worry. All I care about now is seeing Tobias. Oh god I miss him so much. He is the only person alive who truly cares about me. I head back to my room and cry in bed from all of the pain I'm feeling. Soon I slowly drift
off to sleep.