Chapter 15

TRIS

I have been waiting for the girls to get ready at Christinas place forever. Christina and Shauna are giving me a makeover. They wanted me to look good tonight. Whatever that means. I try not to take it personally. Shauna and Christina loves going over the top with makeovers and Lynn likes it simple like me but more on the dark side.

Around 10 minutes later the girls are done and than they work on me. "You are not wearing that!" Christina says looking down at my outfit. I'm wearing my leather jacket with tight black pants and a t-shirt.

"What's wrong with this?" I frown a little.

"You wear it everyday." Says Shauna.

"And it's ugly." Christina adds. I roll my eyes.

"Thanks." I say. "You guys are not picking my outfit as well. Hair and makeup is enough."

"Aww come on Tris." They both say at the same time.  They looks at each other with concerning looks on their faces. We all burst out laughing.

"You guys could be sisters." Lynn says. We laugh some more. Its nice to see them laugh. Life was so hard before. I had to hide so many things and try to protect myself but now I might actually get to enjoy my life and make good memories with the people that I love.

"Well I got you something Tris. And you have to wear it." Says Christina. She got me something? I hate it when people get me things. I feel selfish.

"No please. I can't have it." I know my abnegation is showing but It just feels wrong.

"You have been my best friend for years and I have never gotten you something. Please just expect it." She says giving me puppy eyes.

"Okay but it better not be too revelling."

"Don't worry I know your style." She says walking away. Does she?

Christina comes back in the matter of seconds with a white and black bag in her hand.

She hands the bag to me. "Okay open it." She says with a big delighted smile on her face.

I open the bag and take out a dress inside. I can't help but feel shock. It's beautiful.

"Christina...oh my." Is all I manage to say.

"You like it?" Her smile gets bigger.

"I—I love it." It's a thick black, line dress that goes to the knees and it has long sleeve. Totally my style. It covers but still gives me that dauntless feel. "It's beautiful thank you" I set the dress down beside me and give her a tight hug.

"Your welcome, now put it on and let us make you look gorgeous." I Give her a glare.  "You're already are gorge—you know what I mean." She says pushing me into the bathroom. I laugh a little.

I come out of the bathroom a few minutes later. They all stare at me. Their eyes traces over my dress than my legs.

"Yes I know. I actually have legs." They all laugh.

"Okay makeup and hair time." Shauna says.

An hour later and I'm finally done. Christina did my makeup. Shauna and Lynn did my hair.

"Are you ready to look at the new you?!" Christina asks excitedly. I nod. They turn me over to face a mirror. Wow. I actually look nice. I was afraid that they would do something crazy.

The makeup is natural and settle just how I like it. My hair is in a low louse messy bun. Kinda reminds me of how my mom use to do it but with a little dauntless twist. It's beautiful.