Chapter 37

Two days had passed before Jungkook was both finished with filing his report against Captain Min, and was allowed by the doctor to leave the house for anything except work. It was all a bit excessive, Jungkook thought. His injuries weren't even that serious.

Obviously, the first thing Jungkook wanted to do was see how Jin was doing. He still hadn't seen him since he went to the hospital.

"No, I'm dropping you off at your apartment," Hoseok told him as they got into his car. Jungkook had finally been cleared to go inside, the detectives took all the evidence and samples they needed.

"But can't we-"

"Don't you want to at least get changed first? No offense, but my clothes aren't all that flattering on you."

Jungkook looked down at what he was wearing, clothes Hoseok had lent him. Maybe they were a bit small for him. "Fine," he sighed.

Hoseok snickered. "So I was right. You want to look your best when you see Jin."

"You know what? Shut up!" Jungkook huffed. Of course, Hoseok had to figure out that Jin was the one Jungkook had feelings for.

So, Hoseok dropped him off at his own apartment. He walked with Jungkook to the door. "Thanks for letting me stay with you these past few days," Jungkook told him. "And also for helping me take down Captain Min, even when I'm sure you were confused by the whole situation."

Hoseok shrugged. "What are friends for? And hey, maybe you'll get your old detective position back now."

Jungkook didn't want to voice it, but he was secretly hoping for the same thing. "Yeah, maybe."

They reached the front doors. "Have fun with Jin," Hoseok winked before he was off.

Jungkook hoped he wouldn't see any of his neighbours on his way up to his apartment, and he didn't. He was also glad to see that at least all of the blood and broken glass was cleared from the floor. He showered and changed out of Hoseok's clothes. It was nice to be back in his own apartment, but it felt empty now that Jin wasn't there. He never used to mind being by himself, but now it just felt lonely.

He sent Jimin a text asking if now would be a good time to come over, and Jimin replied almost immediately with a "Yes!". Jimin clearly was no longer upset with Jungkook anymore, and he was glad for it.

~

Fifteen minutes later, Jungkook was knocking on Jimin, Taehyung, and Jin's door. He was engulfed in a hug when the minute the door opened. Jungkook smiled and held Jin tight. Jin pulled back and Jungkook thought that was the end of it, but instead, Jin wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck and pulled him into a kiss.

It was a passionate one, as if they'd been apart for three months instead of three days. Jimin and Taehyung were in the room but surprisingly, Jin didn't seem to mind.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Jungkook said after the awkwardness of having an audience caused them to finally part.

"Me?" Jin said in exasperation. "You're the one who was in the hospital!"

"I saw the video, the way Captain Min was hurting you...I hated it." Jungkook said truthfully. It was one of the hardest things he'd ever had to watch.

Before Jin could respond, Jimin spoke up. "Hey, Jungkook. Nice to see you, too."

Jungkook looked his way, keeping a hand around Jin's waist. "Jimin...Taehyung...thanks for everything. Things would be a lot different if it wasn't for you two."

Taehyung shrugged. "We didn't do anything, really. You guys did all the hard work."

"Anyways," Jimin said, grabbing Taehyung's arm. "We'll give you two some privacy."