Chapter 3: Wound

Misun froze up upon Sunghoon's touch. The man groaned in pain and his grip on the princess loosened.

"Are you awake now? How are you feeling?" the princess asked, while shifting Sunghoon's mask in order to feel his forehead, which he rejected by moving his head away from her hand.

The man forced himself to get up, but was soon filled with instant regret. The throbbing sharpness in the back of his head forced Sunghoon to fall back onto Misun's black bed sheets.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have touched your mask. I assume your head is burning up, I'll go get a cold towel," Misun apologized, and got up to retrieve a rag from her bathroom before Sunghoon got ahold of her wrist.

"That won't be necessary. I feel fine," he countered, although the pounding pain in his body begged to differ. Misun smiled warmly at the man, and placed her hand on his.

"It sure doesn't look like you are. Don't worry. If you're worried about me seeing your face, I'll look away," Misun pledged. She grabbed a rag from the towel rack hanging on her bathroom wall and drowned it in cold water. Squeezing the excess water out of the rag, she shuffled over to Sunghoon, who didn't dare to protest as pain invaded his body.

A couple feet away from her bed, Misun tripped over Sunghoon's sword that was hidden in a long bag, creating a deep cut on her knee as it scraped against the wooden floor and hit a loose nail too small to notice with a bare eye.

Misun inhaled sharply, blood gushing from the cut on her knee. She seethed as she mentally cursed at herself. Sunghoon sat up slowly, and peered over at the scene.

"What happened?" he asked, although it was very clear what had occurred. The girl peeped over her shoulder, and forced a smile seeing that his mask was crooked to the point she could see one of his eyes.

"Nothing. Here, help yourself," Misun avoided, trying not to create intense eye contact with the man's mesmerizing eyes... well eye in this case. She tossed the wet rag towards the man, which he caught.

"Thanks..." Sunghoon muttered, caught off guard by the princess' actions. He gestured for Misun to turn around since she was still staring at him with fierce eye contact. The princess' cheeks immediately became flushed and she quickly turned around, embarrassment engulfing her as she realized she'd been staring for too long.

Sunghoon took his mask off, sweat dripping down his forehead and the sides of his face. He gently placed the rag on his forehead and exhaled as the coldness took over the heat of his body.

Misun took a quick look at her knee, and groaned in annoyance. Usually, Kyungmi or another maid nearby would tend to her wounds. But since a man was in her room, Misun couldn't possibly call for a maid. Not with Sunghoon in her room and especially not at this hour.

Misun lifted herself off the ground, but briskly fell back onto her bum as the discomfort in her knee overtook her ability to stand properly. Her first aid kit was all the way across the room on her black wooden shelf. Not only that, but it was on the highest shelf possible. She threw a palm at her forehead, realizing how stupid it was for her to place her first aid kit where she couldn't reach it even if she were to stand properly.

A heavy sigh escaped her parted lips, and she ripped off a portion of her nightgown, catching the attention of the man behind her.

"What are you doing?" Sunghoon clucked, looking over the girl's shoulder from a distance and seeing her ripped nightgown. "You can't stand up?"

Misun closed her eyes and threw her head back, clearly agitated at his lack of common sense. "Isn't it obvious?" she cursed, applying pressure on her cut and staining the small piece of her nightgown.