Chapter 11: A Day Out

The lively chirping from outside the glass window flooded Sunghoon's ears as he woke up. And so did a gasp from the princess' bedroom door.

"Oh my..." Kyungmi mumbled, accidentally dropping the breakfast she prepared for the princess.

Sunghoon's head was next to Misun's torso and her hand was tangled in his jet black locks.

Misun jolted upright, her eyes wide open as her eyes went back and forth between Kyungmi and Sunghoon.

A smirk went up Sunghoon's lips as he teasingly wrapped his arms around her waist, catching Misun by surprise.

"I-it is not what it looks like, Kyungmi. Please do not tell my father, I beg you," she fretted as she gently pushed Sunghoon off her.

She got down on her knees, the cold wooden floor creating goosebumps all over her skin. She rubbed her hands together and her eyes met Kyungmi's.

"Please," she mumbled under her breath.

Kyungmi sighed and approached the anxious princess, helping her to her feet.

"I will not tell your father, but you will have to clean up the breakfast in exchange." The maid exited the bedroom to prepare another tray of breakfast for the princess.

The princess sighed out of relief and faced the young male, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Would you like to explain why you were sleeping next to me like that?" she questioned with her arms crossed.

Sunghoon smirked and took a step closer to her, leaning in so their faces were inches apart.

"Would you?" he asked her, amused at the befuddled expression on her face.

"Pardon?"

"It was you, not me. You pulled me onto you and I just happened to fall asleep, Your Highness," he explained, knowing that the use of formalities made the princess uncomfortable.

She scoffed as a response. "I do not believe you."

"Well I told you the truth, what more do you want from me?" He straightened his posture and took in the height difference between them.

Misun tapped her cheek while her eyes wandered around her room.

"Help me clean up the breakfast," she spoke, tossing a rag in his direction before getting on her knees to wipe the oatmeal on the floor..

Sunghoon rolled his eyes and did as he was told.

...

"Do you want to accompany me?" she invited him, her doe eyes begging him to accept.

"Accompany you? To where?"

"I want to visit my friend today, but he lives in a different kingdom. We will meet him at the wall," she replied. She sat down at her vanity in the bathroom and lightly brushed through her dark locks.

Sunghoon stood next to her vanity stool and admired her features in the mirror, hoping her focus stays on her hair and doesn't shift to him. "He?" Sunghoon questioned as jealousy filled him, although he tried to hide it on his face.

"Yes, he. Why? Are you jealous?" she teased and Sunghoon's cheeks turned a bright crimson.

"Why would I be jealous?" Sunghoon scoffed, turning around out of embarrassment and washing his face at the princess' sink.

Misun shrugged and by the time Sunghoon was done washing his face, Lia barged in to serve the princess her breakfast. Kyungmi couldn't bear to face Misun after the previous events.