Chapter 8: Visitor

a/n: click on the photo for a pretty sunghoon

"Yeah, I agree. We should just plan our own date instead. Walking around the castle would've been much better," Misun ranted. Soobin's head perked up and one of his eyebrows was raised.

"Um, I meant-" before he could continue, he was cut off by a knock at the door.

The sudden knock caught their attention and Chaeryeong appeared, her hair disheveled and panting heavily.

"Chae?? What are you..." Misun questioned after seeing the girl's distraught appearance.

Chaeryeong looked behind her before running over to Misun with a proud grin. She scooped Misun's hands into hers and kneeled beside her bed.

"Guess what I did, Misun!" she exclaimed while constantly shuffling around due to excitement. Misun raised her eyebrows and hummed in response.

"I-"

"You!" yelled an angered guard from the infirmary doors. Chaeryeong squealed and kneeled lower, trying to make herself disappear.

The guard marched over to Chaeryeong and was about to grab her collar when Misun placed her arm in front of Chae. The guard stopped in his tracks and sighed.

"Your highness, the girl needs to come with me," the guard stated, his arms now crossed.

"Why? Did she do anything wrong?" Misun questioned with sass in her tone.

"She broke a window, your highness," the guard replied, shocking both Misun and Soobin who had been watching the situation with amusement.

Misun glared at Chaeryeong. "Chae, why did you do that??" she asked, knowing well that her father won't let something like this slide.

"Kyungmi wouldn't let me in. I pretended to break the window to threaten her because I thought you guys had bulletproof glass, but apparently not. You should get better glass for your windows," Chaeryeong explained.

"Your highness," the guard spoke with an eager facial expression.

Misun sighed and looked back at Chaeryeong. "I'll go with you. And you can explain to my mother that we want to plan out our date next time if she stops by," she said, pointing at the blue-haired boy that was still watching them with pure enjoyment.

"Yeah, sure," answered Soobin, and the three left the room.

Chaeryeong and Misun were trailing behind the guard, their arms laced with each other.

"So, what happened during that date?" Chaeryeong whispered with concern as she quickly glanced at Misun's stomach that had printed the infirmary gown a bright red and Misun pursed her lips.

"A lot. I don't wanna talk about it right now, but I'll tell you all about it later," Misun whispered back with a small grin.

They approached the grand doors to the King's office and the guard gently pushed them open, bowing his head right away. Chaeryeong hesitantly did the same, but Misun nudged her while shaking her head.

"Your highness," the guard said with his head still bowed as he moved aside to allow the girls to step in.

Misun met eyes with her father who didn't seem to be angry. She glanced over at Chaeryeong, who was anxiously gnawing at her lip, and unlaced their arms.

"Lee Chaeryeong, right?" the King spoke, his voice booming throughout the office.

Chaeryeong nodded her head slowly while trying to avoid eye contact.