Chapter 8

A.N: Chapter eight. This is going to be a Halloween chapter.

Dahlia POV:

It has been two weeks and some of the class are starting to get a nearly corporeal patronus. I would have been worried but they had mainly been taking turns, not wanting to miss each other progress. Also, they have other lessons. I had been having lessons for a purpose, to them, it was just class. It is Halloween and I had decided to let Fred do all my lessons today, he offered to just say we both couldn't go but I declined knowing that it was for the best, as he could hopefully distract anyone from coming too near me. I had decided to just walk to the highest part of the castle as not many people would be there. I had left the map with Fred so he would be able to find me later. I went to the kitchens in the morning and got some food for throughout the day. I am sitting by a window on the big window ledge that is really a window seat looking out when I hear footsteps. I look up and see Fred. "Is it the end of lessons already?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah, I came up here after the last one. People were worried about you, they were worried that something happened to the baby," he tells me taking a seat behind me letting me rest on his chest and he wraps his arms around me.

"What did you tell them?" I ask quietly.

"That you had really bad morning sickness and a massive migraine. Also that you didn't feel well enough to teach and didn't want to do it wrong," he replies.

"Thanks love."

"It's no problem. Besides, it is probably harder this year, you know seeing them," he says kissing my head before lowering his voice to a whisper at the end.

"A little but I get to see them happy," I reply. We sit there for a while just looking out the window and enjoying each others company. I am so glad Fred understand me so well and knew what I needed. It must have been after dinner when we hear footsteps coming, we didn't move as we weren't in the way and were too peaceful. The footsteps stopped at the end of the hallway. It was quiet.

"Maybe we should leave them alone," I hear Marlene say quietly.

"I'm pretty sure they heard us coming and if they didn't can hear us now. It was really quiet," Remus says.

"But they look so peaceful," I hear Lily say regretfully. They discuss what to do for a few moments before Fred chuckles.

"We could hear all of that, just come over," he calls to them making me laugh. They walk over to us looking sheepish. It was Sirius, James, Remus, Peter, Lily, Marlene, Alice and Mary.

"Sorry, for interrupting you guys but we were worried about Dahlia," Mary said.

"It's fine we were just sitting here," I tell them smiling, "I am fine and so is the baby," I say placing a hand on the small bump I have. It is growing every day. Fred had brought a magical camera to take pictures every few days. I can't wait for him to take photos of when my stomach moves when the baby kicks.

"Why weren't you in class today?" Sirius asks as they all sit around us either on a ledge, on the floor or against the opposite wall.

"My parents died on Halloween. I usually take the day to myself. Fred said he would teach for me today," I inform them bluntly.

"Shit. Sorry for interrupting," James says sheepishly with a grimace on his face. The others seem to feel the same awkwardness.

"It's alright you didn't know, besides. I am hungry and dinner has finished, so I am going to go get some food," I say standing up. We walk to the end of the corridor before I turn around. "Well, are you coming?" I ask. They all look at each other before running to catch up.

"So do the teacher's rooms have kitchens?" Alice questions.

"Nope. We are going to the kitchens. As you are with Fred and me, you won't get told off and we can drop you at the common room after," I shrug. 

When we get to the kitchen I order some dinner for Fred and me. The rest just ordered some pastries and chocolate. "So, how was Fred at teaching? I never asked last time," I ask curiously.

"Hey! I teach very well thank you. Last time I wasn't very good but I was perfect today," Fred says offended. The rest of the evening we laugh and joke about their schooling. Fred and me have to be careful with some of the names we use in our stories as we don't want any connections. They had found Malfoy the bouncing ferret as amusing as we had. It was obvious we should expect it from them at some point. I am glad that James didn't brag about any pranks that were really just bullying disguised as I didn't want to see his ignorance first hand even if I know it is there.  I learn a lot more about them until we realise the time and quickly hurry them to their common room. I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

A.N: I know it was short but I wanted to get it out to show them bonding with people.