Chapter 7

*Amira's P.O.V*

I flicker my eyes open trying to adjust to the light only to see an unfamiliar room. I slowly sit up and gasp in pain flopping back down. My ribs. I look down at myself. I'm shirtless?! Nothing on?! I'm wrapped up.. someone stripped my tops off and wrapped up my wounds.
I still have my pants on. That's a relief I guess, but who-?

I look around the room slowly and notice pictures, of me... one in particular caught my eyes. I fight sitting up and lean over the bed to the nightstand and pull the picture to me.
I-it's me leaning against my bike, I remember that day. It was the first day I bought it I had went for a night ride and took a breather by the bridge near the cafe taking in the cool night air.
B-but how? I didn't take that photo, nor did I have someone take it.
I shiver looking around to see my shirt on the nightstand all cleaned up. I sit up and feel my head pound.
Wincing in pain I grab my shirt weakly pulling it on, I quickly ease out of the bed feeling my feet tingle once touching the ground, suddenly I realized something odd about this room. I glance back at the bed sheets, they're this ugly rip off color of emerald green, his favorite color. My picture that no one should have.. who else could want it that bad? I slowly lean down sniffing the covers.
This big waft of his cologne hits my nose and I feel my heart drop. This isn't so, It's a coincidence!
I rush to the door and open it seeing stairs so I quietly tip toe down and peak around the corner. Nothing but an empty dark kitchen. I creep down, every step ever so cautiously afraid of a simple squeak or thud. I feel as if I'm walking on eggshells here. If it is him, I don't want to know.

I reach the door and open it slowly holding my breath ready to run if it creaks. I slip outside closing the door slowly then take a deep breath and just start running. It hurts, It really hurts. My stomach.
I run down the driveway to see a gate, c'mon! I look around it and groan seeing it chained I pull it open as much as I can and manage to slip through it. I yelp as my stomach scrapes against it then I haul ass! I'm free I'm out of there, wherever there is. I pause looking around.

I don't know where I am!!!
My phone! I feel around my pockets. Great!
I'll buy a new one!

I run down the long street that never ends. I finally lose my breath, coughing and wheezing from my dry weak throat. Everything burns! I can feel the heat from the burning wounds. They probably opened up. I'm not surprised. I finally reach a little gas station and run inside begging the poor old man to let me use his phone. He was afraid I'd steal it. I promised him I wouldn't but it wasn't enough. I glance around then feel my pockets. My wallet! I didn't think I had it!
I hand him five dollars but he just glared at me so I throw ten dollars down he continued to glare at the now fifteen laying there.
I groan and throw another ten dollars, he finally hands his phone to me and counts the money over. Stingy little old man. I quickly dial the number and so on.

I wait outside the gas station. He said he could find me easily, I'm not sure how, the gas station is the only thing I could describe but lucky enough he pulls up and quickly opens his car door.
I run into his arms crying "Derek!"
He holds me tightly.
"I was so scared I lost you! They couldn't find your body just your bike!" He shifts and let's me go looking at me, your wrapped up? Were you not kidnapped? Did you wake up at the doctors? I called every place, no one had you." He bawls his fists on my shoulders. He was worried. I smile weakly "I'm alright."
I

was kidnapped, but I do not wish to think further of it.