Chapter 17

*Amira's P.O.V*

The waves crash in as I sit still in the sand with no blanket or chair. I play with the sand in my hand making circles and pouring it back to its former spot and look out at the Black Sea. It's 8:00pm and I'm alone on a dark beach with only street lights from afar.

I tried so hard to keep Derek. In the end it wasn't enough, I don't blame him either.
Ellios will keep coming until he gets what he wants, but this wasn't Ellios so I don't understand.

Another wave comes crashing in land onto me trying to knock me back but I sit there stiff, my hair drenched, my hoodie and jeans soaked. It's ok. I just need to be cleansed. Droplets drip from my hair onto the sand, I sigh looking up at the sky. "What do I do?" I mumble.

"Whatever your corazón desires." His deep husky voice spoke sending shivers down my spine. The sand moved and I knew he was behind me. A small wave came in to my ankles and bum. Even the sea softens when he is around.

I turn my head looking at his suit pants and dress shoes soaked. I look up at him. "You're gonna ruin your nice suit." I mumble. He smirks bending down.

"If it's for you then I will ruin all of my suits." He replies.

His hand runs through my damp darkened hair.

"¿Por qué sigues regresando?" I ask softly as I look down at his shoes in the sand.

(Translation: why do you keep coming back?)

His hand untangles from my hair and rests onto my cheek. Slowly my face is directed up at his.

"Because, te amo y eso nunca cambiará." He spoke softly in return.

(Translation: I love you and that will never change.)

My eyes widen a little, but I quickly look away. I can't go back to him! I stand up.
"You say you love me and yet what is all of this?" I huff.

He stands straight as his soft face turns stoic.

"You left me heartbroken, our first kiss was not the way I ever wanted it to be!" I let out my inner thoughts.

He looks away for once. He knows and I know that he knows how important our first kiss, my first kiss was supposed to be and it was ruined.

"You wanted me to stay away! Then you come back and think we can just be together again?!" My fists bawl up. "Not to forget you scared Derek off!"

"He was a cobarde." He replied randomly as he continued looking away.

(Translation: coward.)

I laugh "oh you are one to talk!" I point at his chest poking my finger on it. "You Ellios Rodrigues are the coward! A selfish one at that!"

His face suddenly darkens as he looks straight at me grabbing my wrist. "Watch it, amor." He warned.

I puff up my chest "you think you can scare me into giving in but you are wrong!" I try to pull my wrist from his grasp but fail, continuing onto my point. "You taught me many things, not just a broken heart. You taught me to not let my enemies get under my skin!" I stomp on his nice shoes with my barefoot. I knew it caused nothing.

"You taught me to fight for what I want and what I want is for you to just give up!" I stomp my other foot on his shoe as I stand up not even an inch taller while on his toes. "I cannot be with someone who isn't honest to me, who won't let me be with who I want, and who fails to even realize he is the one hurting me more!" I punch his chest stepping off of him and pulling away as he finally releases my wrist.

"If you really love me, you will set me free." I walk past him as the tears stream down my cheeks. I didn't realize I was crying this whole time. He really has an effect on me. I hate it!