Chapter 16

*Amira's P.O.V*

It's 5:00pm I'm standing here like a bird right smack in the open for it's prey to feed upon it at any moment.

It's chilly out tonight. I hug myself squeezing my sweater with the palms of my hands. It's soft. I look over hearing a twig snap. A car rolled up but in the opposite direction of the sound I heard. I keep my eyes on both ends as I stare straight ahead. This could easily be some ambush for all I know. I hold my pocket which contains pepper spray and a butterfly knife.

The tall man steps out of the car with a mask on his face. That's gotta be the one who attacked me right?

He approaches me slowly then pauses 10 feet from me. "Where is Derek?!" I blurt cracking the silence. "In the car." He simply replied.

I step forward but he pulls out his gun aiming it towards me. My eyes are wide while I freeze in place. My legs want to shiver more than they already are.

"W-what do you want?" I mumble.

"You know exactly what I want and you disobeyed me bitch!" He spat at me.

I squeeze my eyes shut and slowly peak them open.

"Remember to never give your opponent a reaction or they will know you are phased. It's like a hunter toying with it's prey Amira."

Echoed through my head. For once I might be able to do something.

I stand up straight taking in a deep breath and crossing my arms.

"So let me get this straight, you want me away from Ellios yet I do not have the choice to do so when he appears constantly." I smirk. "He is the one who wants me."

"Liar!" A female screamed stepping out of the car.

"Get back in the car dammit!" He yelled at her.

"Yeah he constantly appears at my job, my home, he pins me in places kissing me without my consent."

"Enough!" She yells.

She was short with a petite figure in a skimpy red dress, she looked like a 14 year old girl trying to be a hooker.

Her heels were red and sparkled like Dorothy's red slippers. Her blonde hair was curled nicely and bounced as she had tantrums over my simple words that effected her so much. I completely understand. Her face looked like a delicate porcelain doll that could shatter with a flick of a finger. Toying with her is too easy, it's the male that is my issue.

"So my point is he isn't an object, although he treats me like one I do not want nor need that in my life. You can have him, if you can even catch his eye." I smirk resting my hands on my hips. She was silent while the male glared at me silently.

"So what's your next move, princess?" I tease.

"Throw him out of my car and get this girl out of my sight!" She screams walking back to the car in defeat.

The male held the gun towards me a moment longer and whispered "this isn't over." Then turned to the car pulling Derek out and throwing him to the ground kicking him then getting into the car speeding off leaving dust behind.

I finally fall to my knees and look over at Derek sitting on the ground silently.
I then pull myself up and run to him stumbling beside him and grabbing his arm "a-are you ok?!" He looked at me staying silent. "I- I cannot keep this up any longer Amira." He called me by my full name...

"I lied to you to keep Ellios from you but now I'm getting dragged into much more than I anticipated." My eyes widen "wait what?"

"We can no longer be in contact anymore and I've decided to sell my company and move to California to take the new CEO position that opened up at another company."